Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Crossville, TN - Genesis Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimmologist

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2021
Knoxville, TN
With the news of new Superchargers coming to Buc-ees in Crossville (even though they are eight V3 Superchargers "across the street") a quick visit last week showed some evidence (albeit nonconclusive) of electrical work that might be related to EV charging (pic attached).
Buc-ees EV Power.jpg

This is located on the southside of the property.

I agree, it definitely looks like prep work for 4 pre-fab sets of superchargers.

I noticed that this same prep work is visible from an aerial view published online around July 1st. The screenshot below gives a good perspective of where it is in relation to the entrance and the interstate.

Attachments

• 1657801457146.png
    1657801457146.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 501
Reactions: PStewart and CarlS
I agree, it definitely looks like prep work for 4 pre-fab sets of superchargers.

I noticed that this same prep work is visible from an aerial view published online around July 1st. The screenshot below gives a good perspective of where it is in relation to the entrance and the interstate.

There's a line half way down the exit ramp from the highway. :eek:

Obviously you’ve never been to Buc-ee’s…

Ugh. I find Buc-ee’s pretty repulsive. The best thing they have going for them are the bathrooms.
lol, it's so funny. I went to the SC at Buc-ees in Leeds, AL. I love that place! So many food and drink choices, dog parks, and other things to do. ...and yes the bathrooms are amazing. Those floor to ceiling walls and no peek-a-boo doors and easy indicator of when they're in use. Amazing. It is a bustling place. If you don't like a bunch of people, it's not for you!

A little progress. Some new site work.
I drove by yesterday and I saw no change from my September 5 photo.
This configuration looks like it’s waiting for the pre-fab sections of 4 chargers and a V3 cabinet in the center mounted on a long narrow piece of concrete. Each of those central conduit pipes would connect to a V3 cabinet. Looks like configured for 4 pre-fab units. Several Buc-ee’s locations have used this type of install and it can go in very fast.

For some reason those pre-fab sections haven’t arrived yet.