Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Culver City, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol at the notion of Hawthorne's 6 minutes from the 405 being a "decent way off the route" compared to 3-5 for CC or FV.
Definitely way more than 6 minutes. When it was the only SC in the area, I used it on occasion, and it was not horrible, just not as convenient as being right off the 405. I would still use it if I had to, but that is unlikely to ever be the case.

I just stopped by Culver City for the first time in a long time. 2:00pm on a Wednesday. I am definitely local to this one, so not really needed. Today, I was scheduled to arrive home with <10%. FV and Redondo were both at capacity. I saw that there were several spots listed as available, and decided to grab some juice as a buffer in case I needed to head out again this evening.

Upon arriving, first thing I noticed was several TesLoop vehicles there, with the drivers all hanging out with a guy in an ICE parked across the aisle.

I arrived and headed into the first open spot, 5b. It would not charge. This was confirmed by the next person to try that spot. Several people arrived later and never even bothered trying, apparently being regulars to this location, and knowing it was down. I called Tesla and they already had a report.

I moved to the next open spot, paired with a TesLoop car, and got a max of 34 AMPS. A spot opened up that was paired with a car that had no driver. I hoped that the paired vehicle was close to done, and I was right, getting 94 AMPS right away.

Within minutes, 6 other vehicles, including a Model 3, all lined up. Having already added about 50 miles, I had no need for additional buffer and vacated the spot.

• Informative
Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Stopped by today, Saturday at 5 PM to fill up quickly before the Tesla club event tomorrow, but had to wait, #3 in line. This place is packed! My charge rate is 36kW @70%. SOC . When will Tesla and Elon expand this oversubscribed supercharger station? I noticed they took away the red paint on the ground emphasizing Tesla parking only, are the spaces full so much of the time the red is not necessary? I worry though I flagged down a roving security guard, Robert, he confirmed they’ll tow any ICE cars that park here.

Attachments

• 43A5EE76-B3BA-429C-9FC2-B12515823026.jpeg
    43A5EE76-B3BA-429C-9FC2-B12515823026.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 103
I’m still not sure even that is legal, though I strongly agree with it in principal. The fact is, this site is so busy, ICE vehicles would never get a chance to slip in.
Every supercharger is empty or near empty in the wee hours, though I agree a mall location is unlikely to ever get ICEd at that time since there is little reason for an ICE to be there at that time with everything in the area being closed. Hotel superchargers are a completely different story.

Redondo Beach is ridiculously busy with Hawthorne Closed also. I was there a couple days ago, with 4 cars waiting. On top of that, 2 SpC stalls were out of order, but thankfully a tech in a Model S showed up and fixed them.