Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today...

IMG_0527.jpeg

Gotta be close. I was waiting for my wife to finish up an appointment nearby, so I hung out at Houndstooth for a few minutes yesterday. The fence was down in one part, so. . .

View attachment 283659
View attachment 283660
View attachment 283658
I did resist the urge to unwrap one of the stations.

Is this the new Urban SC design? Does each station only support a single car? It looks like to stations for three parking spots in your second photo.

Just stopped by the Walnut Hill Dallas supercharger. Looks like the transformer has been installed and the construction has cleared out. A total of 11 stalls (urban supercharger-style). Supercharger should open up any day now, I'd guess!

IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg

Edit: Just saw other pics from today were posted. Beat me to it! :)

Last edited:
So I'm only counting 11 stalls here? I thought this was supposed to be 12? On the east side, there's the north section of 3 stalls and the south section of 4 stalls. On the west side there are 4 stalls. Where does the last one go? I thought Tesla didn't do odd numbers of chargers?

So I'm only counting 11 stalls here? I thought this was supposed to be 12? On the east side, there's the north section of 3 stalls and the south section of 4 stalls. On the west side there are 4 stalls. Where does the last one go? I thought Tesla didn't do odd numbers of chargers?

They do. San Juan Capistrano, CA is an odd number. There are a few others.

• Informative
Reactions: geoffreak
Maybe they couldn't get enough space for the 12th stall?

What's weird is that in my photo above, you can see there's a regular spot just outside the fence where they could have put a 12th stall in a nose-in configuration quite easily.

My only thought as to why this wasn't the case is that they enlarged all the other parking spots and wouldn't want to do so for this spot as that would involve relocating the wheelchair access ramp.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectrifyAB
Awesome progress! What kind of amenities are within walking distance? Also, as I understand it, these urban style SCs have a 75 kW max output, but they don't "share" power with each other, so each has a dedicated line...

Interesting that all of the electrical cabinets are not behind some kind of wall or partition and just out in the open. I don't think I've ever seen it that way before.
The Gaylord, MI SuperCharger has neither a wall/partition nor a transformer...

Supercharger - Gaylord MI

EDIT: It’s possible that they’re waiting on the transformer before installing some fencing...

Last edited: