Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dayton, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive out from Columbus tomorrow...any idea if this is functional and what is the actual address...9200 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45445 - just checking :)

I just got home from the supercharger. They have lines in the blacktop, but still no electric meter. You can use our HPWC at 80 amps in my garage if needed. PM me for details. I work from home.

Last edited:
I've got a business trip to Greenville, about 30 miles north of there, and I'm going to drive out on Tuesday. The question is which car I'll be driving, depending on confirmation of those chargers being ready before I leave. I really hope that Tuesday estimate is correct.

I just got back from the site. You can't get much closer than this. I believe the orange cones are there because the yellow stripes appear to be freshly painted, although Ibcs reported the lines last week. There is power to the meter, but no power to the Superchargers. Maybe someone can tell from the meter picture what's missing. I plugged into #1 and #6 just to see if they were active. It must be any minute now. At least I got to eat at Chipolte's at lunch.
FullSizeRender(8).jpg
FullSizeRender(7).jpg

I just got back from the site. You can't get much closer than this. I believe the orange cones are there because the yellow stripes appear to be freshly painted, although Ibcs reported the lines last week. There is power to the meter, but no power to the Superchargers. Maybe someone can tell from the meter picture what's missing. I plugged into #1 and #6 just to see if they were active. It must be any minute now. At least I got to eat at Chipolte's at lunch.

Looks to me like they are just waiting for the Tesla QA Test Team to bless the site and turn on the power in the Distribution Center.

Hi Doug,
I will head over there at lunch today. If it's not active by tomorrow, you can use our HPWC at BookFactory. Let us know if you need us to leave it out after hours. Lab Notebooks, Log Books, Custom Laboratory Notebooks - BookFactory

We are breaking our drive up into two days. We plan to spend the night in Lexington, KY. So Wednesday is that day I plan to pass through Dayton. I'll give you a call if I think I'll need the HPWC. Thanks for your hospitality.

Here is the latest update. This should be good news for Doug. I was at the Cincinnati Service Center this afternoon. They told me the Tesla team is in town, and borrowed one of their cars for testing. The site is scheduled to open tomorrow... Wednesday Nov 12th. As a veteran, I will take the day after with pride!

Here is the latest update. This should be good news for Doug. I was at the Cincinnati Service Center this afternoon. They told me the Tesla team is in town, and borrowed one of their cars for testing. The site is scheduled to open tomorrow... Wednesday Nov 12th. As a veteran, I will take the day after with pride!

Great news! Hope you said hi to my car while you were there (the black 60 with the pano roof, patiently waiting to come home to me)

Great news! Hope you said hi to my car while you were there (the black 60 with the pano roof, patiently waiting to come home to me)

Great news it's now open.

Supercharger14.JPG

SuperCharger13.PNG

I did not achieve the full rate of charge for two reasons. I started charging at 175 miles and I have an A battery limited to 90KW.

Outstanding news for the travelers on I70 or I75.

Woo Hooo! I am super happy about this. I have to say though, the MS owners in Dayton are the best. They were my first PlugShare experience and gave me the confidence to call on others and become a host myself.

Correction: The first day of my trip will be Wednesday. I will get to try the Dayton Supercharger on Thursday.

Great news. Way to go ibcs. I would have headed over this morning after reading your post, but my drive unit failed on I-70 East yesterday morning as I was driving from Columbus back to Dayton. The truck took my car to the Cincinnati Service Center. John and the team repaired it overnight, so I pick will pick it up today. I have 51k miles on it. The hum at 60mph started about 3k miles ago. Yesterday morning, the hum also appeared at 30mph. When the drive unit fails, the motor turns but nothing gets to the wheels. You just kind of coast to a full stop. Plenty of time to pull off the road. I was planning to call the Service Center when I got to work, but I never made it.

I got a Jaguar loaner car. It looks like a Ford Taurus, and drives like one too. Nothing beats a Model S, except a Model S-D.