Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently not all local Model S owners and future Model X owners were invited. I guess MassModel3 and I don't rate. :mad:

I wonder how they decide who to invite to these things...
I wound up signing up Sun night via the link that MassModel3 posted, and got a confirmation email early this AM. So I guess the hoi polloi can invite themselves. :biggrin:

BrassGuy: Billy Joel by any chance? I'll be there too - couldn't get any traction at home to do this opening instead. Hope everyone enjoys it. Pictures please.
Nothing that elaborate. A brass band at a town gazebo.

But the same sentiment, pictures please.
This site will be much more convenient than Watertown if I need service. Not that I feel I can complain: in other states some have many hours drive time to get to a SC.

So we signed up but we still haven't received a confirmation. I'm pondering crashing the party anyway...
I signed up on the 11th when I posted that link but I didn't receive an email confirmation until the 14th. I think when I RSVP'd it said I'd be contacted to confirm my reservation, and I assumed it meant by phone, but turns out it was just a really delayed email response. You folks who recently signed up, I bet you get your confirmation responses even if it they're after the event...

Turns out I can't make it tonight (I have a friend's concert to go to). Have fun everyone, and take pictures, please.

Event tonight was great! All deliveries RI and north are going to be out of Dedham starting Monday. Supercharger is almost done but maybe another week or so. Lots more space etc. Great to see the employees/owners and reservation holders. Food was really good too.

Some photos below.
IMG_5481.jpg
IMG_5482.jpg
IMG_5483.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg
IMG_5488.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg
IMG_5490.jpg
IMG_5480.jpg

Tesla, as we've come to expect, throws a nice party.
several pictures of the 7 lifts, alignment lift, tire mounting and balancing equipment.

There has been remarkable SuperCharger progress since Monday.
8 stalls mounted, piped, awaiting a concrete pour for the SuperCharger/Switchgear pad, but with utility cooperation, Dedham could be done very quickly. shout out to all of the New England TMC'rs who showed up. name the forum member standing by a charging stall.
BTW, these are clearly "Pull in" stalls (all 8 of them)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

name the TMC forum member
image.jpg

image.jpg

4 sets of pipes lower right, from distribution equipment in Service Center
(unlike most S.C. sites, transformer will also power the building, when completed)
image.jpg

6 sets of 3 phase cables to the distribution equipment in Service Center
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
@tliving & @mitch thanks for the pictures. I'm not naming names but I see many familiar people and the wife's red car!!!

Great catching up with people and meeting new people.

I wanted to get a video of all of the Model S's (and Roadster) in the parking lot...hopefully someone did.

/Ed