Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dothan, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an update from last night, Nov 30th, around 7pm. Everything looks good to go, just waiting on them to flip on the power.

The finished the landscaping, laid down the asphalt, painted the lines, and added the trash cans.

20221130_183706.jpg
20221130_183730.jpg
20221130_183758.jpg

Dothan has been on the shortlist for Tesla and wishlist for everyone else nearby for a while now. Last update I could find was Jan ‘22 @ Target. I passed through Dothan a few weeks ago and couldn’t see a site being prepped. Columbus GA site took a decent amount of time to complete so I assume a Jan deadline means starting very soon.

Does anyone have updates on the project? Much needed charging location
There IS a supercharger at the Wynn-Dixie store on the SE side of the Dothan circle, scheduled for Q1 2023 but it is there now, it only charged at 150 miles/hr today though,

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisC
I don't know why the Florida ones get stuck so bad. I feel like the ones in FP&L's area seem to stall the worst, but maybe I'm imagining that. If it makes you feel better, this Dothan one was "coming soon" when I bought my car in 2017.
I suspect Tesla has gotten the logistics side down to a science and nowadays get most sites lined up so that everything arrives on site close to simultaneously as possible. That's not to say that in some regions inspections and permits may be harder to achieve, but even there at this point Tesla has probably seen it all and knows how to get things through quickly.

Interesting that Dothan is still listed on the voting list, even with this one going live. (Or it was as of last Friday.)

Makes me wonder if they're looking at a second charging location for Dothan.
If you read this whole thread, you will see that there were two grey pins for two coming soon locations. There were also two locations on the leaked location list. That has since changed with the recent map update but they do still want a NE location.

If you read this whole thread, you will see that there were two grey pins for two coming soon locations. There were also two locations on the leaked location list. That has since changed with the recent map update but they do still want a NE location.
Dothan is on the supercharger voting list way down (#71 for N. America). I have voted for Troy in the Suggest a new Location, but there are 5 or 6 addresses listed for Troy.

Dothan is on the supercharger voting list way down (#71 for N. America). I have voted for Troy in the Suggest a new Location, but there are 5 or 6 addresses listed for Troy.
While the north side of Dothan would be great…and I suspect we will see one, with the cars starting to show up pretty regularly with college students, Troy might not be an unlikely choice for the future.

So this site showed 0 of 12 stalls available in the in car navigation for the past 2 days, so I decided to swing by to see what’s going on. Turns out all 12 stalls were available, so that seems odd. My charge session never exceeded 42 kw though. My car did suggest to precondition next time, but that still seems too slow. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6332.jpeg
    IMG_6332.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 15