Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've used Dublin a few times recently, and seen it on the 17" as I'm driving past . It's not so bad anymore - doesn't show up as permanently fully booked all the time, like San Mateo usually does .
I've noticed that too but I still haven't gone back. I think only once I've noticed it full on my way back since the new chargers were in place but I still prefer Manteca.

So I came back at 8:30 pm and I still had to wait a few min. The hour I was there, it would fluctuate from 1-2 open spots to 1-2 Car que. so even at those hours it stays full.

I would love for them to fill the line of parking spots along the north end where the freeway entrance is with charging spots. Could easily use 5-10 extra chargers and still stay busy. I’d go as far as 15-20 extra for future proofing for the M3.

Not sure when y’all are going but this place is packed every time I come other than 2am. I’m here now and it’s full with 11 Car que. not to mention I’ve seen 3-4 Tesla’s drive up and turn around and leave when they saw the line just within the last 5 min so who knows how long this line could theoretically get...
A lot of those who come and leave are able to charge at the next SuperCharger on their journey, such as Manteca or a destination charger (displacing a low range Leaf, for instance). Some of the people who come and leave aren't as inconvenienced as those who would be forced to stay. Another possibility is that they need the charge at least one of the two ways in a two way journey, but it doesn't matter which direction they get it, so they check both ways and if the line is short enough they use it that time. For those two groups, as you point out, who knows how many users there would really be.

A lot of those who come and leave are able to charge at the next SuperCharger on their journey, such as Manteca or a destination charger (displacing a low range Leaf, for instance). Some of the people who come and leave aren't as inconvenienced as those who would be forced to stay. Another possibility is that they need the charge at least one of the two ways in a two way journey, but it doesn't matter which direction they get it, so they check both ways and if the line is short enough they use it that time. For those two groups, as you point out, who knows how many users there would really be.

For me I live in Southern CA so every time I come in to the Bay Area I need to top off in Doublin (as I come in from the 5) so I have enough to drive around while in town and still have enough charge to make it back to Doublin on my way out. People I visit don’t have anywhere for me to plug in at sadly so I rely on the Super chargers out here during my visits. I can’t wait till they have one in Oakland and Hayward.l as planned.

I would love for them to fill the line of parking spots along the north end where the freeway entrance is with charging spots. Could easily use 5-10 extra chargers and still stay busy. I’d go as far as 15-20 extra for future proofing for the M3.

The more they add, the more locals will be there getting their free electricity. There are just too many rich folks in Dublin, San Ramon, Blackhawk with Teslas.

Reactions: CalBlue 85D
A lot of those who come and leave are able to charge at the next SuperCharger on their journey, such as Manteca or a destination charger

The problem here is that during heavy traffic times, getting off the exit to go to Dublin only to find there's a 30 minute wait for the charger means you've gone 20 minutes out of your way for nothing. And what other good options are there? The other three bay area chargers are at least as bad as Dublin and in some cases waaaay worse (looking at you, San Mateo).

As much as I love the car, I dread the days where I need to work from anywhere between San Francisco and Redwood City. I commute from Sacramento and if there's no destination charging available I have no choice but to use Dublin. San Mateo is worthless unless you bring a few movies to watch, and making it to Mountain View means going an hour out of the way with traffic.

Fortunately there's a grocery store within walking distance of Dublin so once I do finally grab a spot there, I can generally walk over and knock that out of the way.

You know what would make a lot of sense to me? Spreading out Superchargers physically so that two cars could park near each charger. Only one can use it of course, but for places with giant queues it would mean you could park somewhere and either an attendant or, if common courtesy prevails, whoever finishes charging could plug it into the waiting car.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
As much as I love the car, I dread the days where I need to work from anywhere between San Francisco and Redwood City. I commute from Sacramento and if there's no destination charging available I have no choice but to use Dublin. San Mateo is worthless unless you bring a few movies to watch, and making it to Mountain View means going an hour out of the way with traffic.

I live east of Sac along I80 and no longer drive my Tesla when I have to go to the South Bay. Dublin, Factory, Mtn View are not worth the wait. Concord may help, but I suspect it will be filled with the local moochers the day it opens. The Dublin expansion made no difference as there are too many locals with free supercharging. Tesla could double Dublin again, and it wouldn’t help.

In the Silicon Valley itself there is no solution due to local moochers and locals with no home charging. Model 3 will increase pressure as even fewer of them will have any home charging option.

I live east of Sac along I80 and no longer drive my Tesla when I have to go to the South Bay. Dublin, Factory, Mtn View are not worth the wait. Concord may help, but I suspect it will be filled with the local moochers the day it opens. The Dublin expansion made no difference as there are too many locals with free supercharging. Tesla could double Dublin again, and it wouldn’t help.

In the Silicon Valley itself there is no solution due to local moochers and locals with no home charging. Model 3 will increase pressure as even fewer of them will have any home charging option.
If you take the Dublin route, you may as well try the Manteca route. Although yesterday when I arrived at 1PM there were two spots left and when I left there was one car waiting not sure why this particular location has suddenly become a lot busier. I suspect once Manteca increases the amount of chargers and there is plan to put one in Stockton will make this a bit easier.

If you take the Dublin route, you may as well try the Manteca route. Although yesterday when I arrived at 1PM there were two spots left and when I left there was one car waiting not sure why this particular location has suddenly become a lot busier. I suspect once Manteca increases the amount of chargers and there is plan to put one in Stockton will make this a bit easier.

My unproven theory regarding the popularity of Manteca at 1PM (and similarly with Fresno, Mt. Shasta City, and a smattering of others) is that many people drive to Superchargers during their lunch hour, or coincide charging (if local) with grabbing a bite to eat.

Again, just an unproven but empirical statement.

Reactions: Blu Zap
My unproven theory regarding the popularity of Manteca at 1PM (and similarly with Fresno, Mt. Shasta City, and a smattering of others) is that many people drive to Superchargers during their lunch hour, or coincide charging (if local) with grabbing a bite to eat.

Again, just an unproven but empirical statement.
Only problem with that theory is that I've been doing this route for about a year now about twice a week and only recently been seeing the increased traffic. My arrival time may vary from 1-3PM but traffic is usually much lighter. Kids are back in school and summer is over so not seeing the vacation thing as being a factor although I did see an X with 3 bikes that day.

The problem here is that during heavy traffic times, getting off the exit to go to Dublin only to find there's a 30 minute wait for the charger means you've gone 20 minutes out of your way for nothing. And what other good options are there? The other three bay area chargers are at least as bad as Dublin and in some cases waaaay worse (looking at you, San Mateo).

If you arrive at San Mateo and there is a long line, you are better off going down to the lower level parking and using one of the four 50kW CHAdeMO chargers. Filling enough to make it to Vacaville would only take 30-45 minutes depending on how much buffer you already have. The price is a very reasonable $0.25/kWh. You can get at least 60 miles in 30 minutes for $5. There are so many CHAdeMO chargers around the Bay Area that you should really have that adapter so you don't have to wait to charge at the few urban Superchargers.