Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Dublin been any less congested since Concord opened?

Not on Sunday. I drove foothills to south bay and back. I used Concord on the way down (11 in use about 1pm). I checked Dublin many times during the 4 hour drive, and it was full or one free every time I looked. On the return trip about 10pm, Dublin was still full or one free!

Great news about San Ramon, but I doubt it helps. The Concord, Walnut Creek, Alamo, San Ramon, Dublin corridor is a mecca for Tesla owners, all with large garages and at home chargers, but owners who insist on getting their 'free' supercharging.

I’m not an east bay resident , but viewed from their geographic locations , it would seem that San Ramon will saturate as soon as it opens, with Dublin getting some mild relief from it . Concord would appear to be the one least likely to be filled out at any given time, because it’s at the north end close to the bridge . That also means northbound traffic may skip Concord so as to stay within rush hour bridge toll rates , and instead SC at Napa or Vacaville depending on where they’re headed .

It would be really nice if the pedestals could mount a light indicating whether they’re taken (red) , free but pair taken (amber) or free and not paired yet (green). Really useful when driving into SCs like Dublin where you can’t immediately tell what’s free and taken across two sections , unlike say, Vacaville whee its all in front of you as you drive up .

Concord would appear to be the one least likely to be filled out at any given time, because it’s at the north end close to the bridge . That also means northbound traffic may skip Concord so as to stay within rush hour bridge toll rates , and instead SC at Napa or Vacaville depending on where they’re headed .

A key point about Concord is it is also on a major east/west corridor, Highway 4. It is strategic to pick-up the I680 traffic and the Highway 4 traffic. Personally I am in the 680 corridor on business often. I live in San Rafael, so hop over Highway 4 to the Richmond/San Rafael bridge. Fantastic for me since I live in an apartment without home charging.

Used to have to drive home via Napa SuC.
(sorry, should have moved to the Concord SuC thread)

Reactions: suraj1194
FYI: I'm currently in a conversation with someone on one of the Facebook groups (Tesla Owners Group - Bay Area)...she mentioned that two stalls at Dublin are down today. It's odd that Dublin showed two stalls free on the in-car Nav for much of the afternoon, but Sunnyvale also has two stalls down and it's showing "Reduced Service". o_O

Bruce.

I left later than usual on Thursday (2:30PM) and found that 7 of 14 stalls were available when passing by that day. There was quite a bit more traffic than I'm accustomed to at that time of day (>3PM) so I don't know if that affected how many people could get there.

I left later than usual on Thursday (2:30PM) and found that 7 of 14 stalls were available when passing by that day. There was quite a bit more traffic than I'm accustomed to at that time of day (>3PM) so I don't know if that affected how many people could get there.

I left there around 2pm on Thursday and if I'm recalling correctly it was almost full. A few people must have left right after I did. It has seemed slightly less busy since Concord opened, at least around lunchtime on weekdays when I'm most likely to be there. I'm only there maybe once or twice a week though so that's a small sample size. Still busy but not the long lines I used to see all the time. The employees monitoring the queue has helped too.

Last week I was checking the Dublin SC and it appeared it was full every night of the week until at least 9:30 PM. The best time to go is early in the morning. I went on Thursday at 7:15 AM and the place was empty. By 8 AM at least 1/2 the stalls were full.

I went a few Sundays ago and it was empty at 8:30 AM, but almost full by 9:15 AM.

Unfortunately it’s 90% locals and Tesla doesn’t do anything about it

I charged up from 50% to 90% today at the Dublin SuC. At 11:30 am I waited 30 minutes in line for a 30 minute charge. I am a Bay Area local. I live in San Rafael and had a business meeting in Dublin today. I left home with 70% SOC and arrived with 50% SOC. To get home and have remaining charge, I needed to hit this Supercharger. I live in an apartment, so have no home charging in San Rafael. Now we all know Dublin is lately the most busy SuC. On the other hand Tesla has new SuCs opening in San Ramon and Pleasanton. WAIT! Two new SuperChargers in the Tri-Valley area?!! BOO HOO!! Tri-Valley!! Marin County has no (READ ZERO) SuperChargers. Get over it.