Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t count on the Escanaba anytime soon. I have been hoping for that location for over 4 years now. Currently I just stay at a destination charger for the night when going through that location. Works out well for me because that’s about where I want to stop anyway.

At least there's a CHAdeMO plug in Norway (just east of Iron Mountain) now, so you can use the CHAdeMO adapter to get something quicker than a campground. Maybe 20-30 minutes would be enough to get your buffer. It's a bummer that Tesla still isn't making the CCS adapter available. That station offers 62.5 kW, and you're usually lucky to get around 40 kW with the CHAdeMO adapter.
Thanks!

While Norway is a bit out of the way, would be much more of a time saver than a slow 9KW/H charger at the hotels in Escanaba. Was there last fall and didn't have enough patience to get the right charge.

I'll keep checking back up until July.

Esky is next!

Attachments

• 3EC09F9E-F3E9-4086-8694-B686439282A7.jpeg
    3EC09F9E-F3E9-4086-8694-B686439282A7.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 86
Typically they get them done in about 2-3 weeks now. Activation for both would be done at the same time. The guys who inspect prefer not to make multiple trips to the same area.
From the time putting the transformers in to turned on should be less than 30 days now since they do not have to pour concrete anymore.

Reactions: Calimenti
Typically they get them done in about 2-3 weeks now. Activation for both would be done at the same time. The guys who inspect prefer not to make multiple trips to the same area.
From the time putting the transformers in to turned on should be less than 30 days now since they do not have to pour concrete anymore.

I've been following Supercharger buildout for several years and while I agree that the pace of installation has been increasing, it appears that the average Supercharger construction timeline is closer to 2 months. I've also yet to see a non-garage or temporary Supercharger installation that didn't require at least one concrete pour for the electrical equipment.

I wouldn't count on any superchargers being operational in the UP by July 1st. Marquette has a chance. Escanaba has almost no shot.
I think this is actually not correct, it appears that the workers for the Marquette location are double-timing on the Escanaba location when the Marquette location is waiting on equipment or otherwise stalled. They're pretty close to one another, so why not...

The conduit that was at the Marquette location yesterday is apparently on its way to Escanaba, so there's more proof that it's moving along pretty quickly...

Site prep has started in Escanaba!

I was chatting with the workers today at the Marquette site and they said they have been down in Esky the last few days getting started. They’re back in Marquette for now but will be back to Esky.

I’m driving through there at the end of May so I can grab some photos and see how things are going then.
Sweeeeet! Thanks for checking! Hopefully we can find another Escanaba person nearby to check regularly... Would be awesome!