Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Federal Way, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a drive to see if I could find any of the utility locate markings, and I actually stumbled upon construction! Unsure if it is related construction. Maybe someone with an eye for these things could give an opinion. @PLUS EV ?

It is actually on the opposite end of the shopping center from where I expected, up by the rite aid.
Marked with a red circle on the map:
om5AyT4.png

Construction pictures at this imgur album link: Possible FW Supercharger Construction?

I think this cut out strip of pavement looks like trenching seen at other supercharger construction sites.
yi9dy2g.jpg

I think it's related to supercharger construction. The One Call for that seems to be here, with the description: BORE IN A ELECTRIC LINE FOR CHARGING STATION

and

THE LOCATION IS IN FRONT OF THE RITE-AID MARK FROM THE NORTH SIDE OF RITE-AID TO THE WEST SIDE AND EAST SIDES OF THE ENTRANCES ALL THE WAY TO 320TH

Thought I was the first to see this stuff, but clearly others have beat me to the post!

This site is better than if it were on the other side of the mall under the power lines. Within a block you have: RiteAid, Starbucks, Qdoba, Chick-fil-a, BofA, Safeway, Wells Fargo and Panda Express - and an urgent care clinic.

FCA42D51-6BBD-4119-81EF-3CD2189134F6.jpeg
687A3CEB-A959-4B5E-80A0-448CD8BD8102.jpeg
1DD03014-14C6-4D7D-9219-685F88AB646C.jpeg
3F2CAD1B-90C0-47A1-B4AE-D7F0162DAC6A.jpeg
0EA15CE0-EF58-4C9F-847D-206BC15CBDD5.jpeg
32BBE2CB-8C0D-4EBD-BFA7-13D70BF2C025.jpeg
EDA68C96-4234-4E2B-9EB1-580719EAB206.jpeg
0E85D6A1-7C20-46AD-86B7-02091FA07773.jpeg
01BD1CFB-DD28-473A-A537-86166AF8D511.jpeg

Last edited:
Drove by there today and not sure why the address says 324th since it’s literally right off of 320th which is also the I5 freeway exit. 324th is the road on the far far side of the large and very busy strip mall / parking lot.

is this supercharger a hassle to get unto/out of the parking lot on a road trip?
Well it’s not far off of the freeway but you have to drive by a mall so multiple lights and traffic. Good news is there is plenty to do and will be next to a Starbucks and Quedoba. Of course depending on the time of day, it’s a hassle to drive through the Seattle area!

The parking lot itself is not difficult to get in/out of. There are several ways to enter, but maybe the easiest will be to turn left (coming from I5) at Pacific Highway and then make an immediate right turn into the shopping center. That right turn will be from an HOV lane, so fewer cars there. If you go through pacific highway you'll have to make a left turn into the safeway, and that can be difficult to get through. The turning lane is very short and there is a lot of oncoming traffic.

5sGyMzi.png

With the route above you might have to fight the chick-fil-a traffic once you get into the shopping center, but at busy times I've seen them have an employee direct traffic. (sidenote: As transplants from the south it absolutely shocked us how big a deal chick-fil-a is to people here. It's very very new to the area, so maybe it will wear off.)

The parking lot itself is not difficult to get in/out of. There are several ways to enter, but maybe the easiest will be to turn left (coming from I5) at Pacific Highway and then make an immediate right turn into the shopping center. That right turn will be from an HOV lane, so fewer cars there. If you go through pacific highway you'll have to make a left turn into the safeway, and that can be difficult to get through. The turning lane is very short and there is a lot of oncoming traffic.

5sGyMzi.png

With the route above you might have to fight the chick-fil-a traffic once you get into the shopping center, but at busy times I've seen them have an employee direct traffic. (sidenote: As transplants from the south it absolutely shocked us how big a deal chick-fil-a is to people here. It's very very new to the area, so maybe it will wear off.)
I've been road tripping a lot during the pandemic. All 48 states. Chick-fil-As everywhere have lineups around the block. Drive thrus in general are super busy during the pandemic and maybe Chick-fil-A isn't the fastest at getting the orders out. Restaurants are closed and many of the fast food "dining rooms" are also closed (or people just don't want to go inside), but people still hate cooking at home 7 days a week :)

Drove by there today and not sure why the address says 324th since it’s literally right off of 320th which is also the I5 freeway exit. 324th is the road on the far far side of the large and very busy strip mall / parking lot.

I think that location near 324th was based on speculation before construction actually started. Is this the correct spot?

Google Maps

Last edited: