Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ - US-89

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 MX LR+... just wrapped it, check it out. Before thar, had a different 2020 MX LR+, before that a 2016 MX P100DL+, before that a 2016 MS P90DL. So for all of those vehicles the charge rate has just sucked in Flagstaff... I was there again tonight and never got above 57kw. All stalls were taken. On December 23rd I was there and there was only 1 other vehicle, I was at 90kw for a little while. I've probably charged there well over 200 times, I know I'm above 100 recorded on TezLab I can charge up to 250kw, and have at V3s... I have hit 150kw here, but I think only once or twice. It's always so slow ... Just not sure how that gets reported. I'll charge all the way up to 335 miles if I'm wanting to go to Phoenix and back on one charge... It's totally possible but I get home after 305 miles of driving with about 30 miles left. There's 14,400 feet of elevation change and going down I take advantage for sure. One thing I notice... Going the speed limit takes longer to drive but saves me more time charging... Unless I get a V3... And I'm so happy about the central Phoenix one! Can't wait to try it! My signature wall connector trips all the time now... Used to charge at 48v now I have to drop it down to 24v to prevent tripping. Have had all the electrical checked out, screws are right. Wonder if they'd replace it ... But waiting for the Cybertruck shaped one, I'm ranked in top 2000 for delivery - or so it seems.
And I had free supercharging on all three previous vehicles... And also have it on this one. Don't even have any clue what a full charge costs and have always been curious...

From August 2019 to mid-May 2020 Tesla brought back free unlimited supercharging for a limited time... Tesla brings back 'unsustainable' free unlimited Supercharging perk

I also got lucky as I just kept checking their site and found a pre-owned 2020 MX LR+ with 22" wheels, 7 seats, white interior, FSD, free supercharging, etc for $93k... With 2k miles on it ... Was used as a test drive vehicle. I think it was 8 weeks old or something.

My deal of the century though was when I was driving a Prius V and dreaming of having a Model S... Got a 2016 Model S P90DL which was $135k new plus taxes etc back in October 2016... Tesla site had it as used, someone turned it in, for lease for $595/mo... Everything else was $2295 to $2595/mo... I thought it must be a typo, but put my deposit down and they called the next morning and said "well, we made an error and we will honor it" and by the time I signed my docs it was $565/mo I think. I have an image of that contract somewhere. It was about $150/mo less to own and operate than my Prius V!

I'm hanging on to this X for a while... Hoping another 3 to 5 years.. it's just such a great car plus I just got it wrapped.

And I had free supercharging on all three previous vehicles... And also have it on this one. Don't even have any clue what a full charge costs and have always been curious...
If you would like to know how much Supercharging costs at stations you have visited, you can get the information from your Tesla account:

Open up your account at tesla.com

From the menu select "charging"

You should see a list of charging sessions for the last year or so.

At the end of the list, perhaps many pages down, will be a list of years. If you open up the year it will list the months you used a supercharger.

You can download that monthly data as a CSV file and open it in a spreadsheet.
The data will have the price of each Supercharger Station you visited even though you had free Supercharging.

If you would like to know how much Supercharging costs at stations you have visited, you can get the information from your Tesla account:

Open up your account at tesla.com

From the menu select "charging"

You should see a list of charging sessions for the last year or so.

At the end of the list, perhaps many pages down, will be a list of years. If you open up the year it will list the months you used a supercharger.

You can download that monthly data as a CSV file and open it in a spreadsheet.
The data will have the price of each Supercharger Station you visited even though you had free Supercharging.
Thank you so much! I did not know that the download would give me a value of the charging even if it was free!

Nice surprise when I stopped by on this last day of 2022. They’re making good progress and I count 24 charging stalls instead of the 16 reported by supercharge dot info so unless I’m misinterpreting this equipment, there are 8 extra than we were expecting!

Also included some pics of adjacent businesses: the Circle K where the SC is located, an old school drive through liquor store, and a Caterpillar dealer incase you need to grab a new CAT hat while you charge.

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• B2FD2C1D-CC97-4F09-82B0-223C7C86F714.jpeg
    B2FD2C1D-CC97-4F09-82B0-223C7C86F714.jpeg
    587.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 15C596D3-91BF-4D6C-8E87-9E7637AE84E5.jpeg
    15C596D3-91BF-4D6C-8E87-9E7637AE84E5.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 47AD5C87-87A6-43A3-98D3-3A9D35EF9AA4.jpeg
    47AD5C87-87A6-43A3-98D3-3A9D35EF9AA4.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 131
  • F890EF05-236D-4E04-B1AF-4808F3FDB146.jpeg
    F890EF05-236D-4E04-B1AF-4808F3FDB146.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 022B231F-14EF-450E-B04F-672A3C1C1732.jpeg
    022B231F-14EF-450E-B04F-672A3C1C1732.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 39AAA2E0-3572-46BF-8BD6-93A2A9370FF9.jpeg
    39AAA2E0-3572-46BF-8BD6-93A2A9370FF9.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Definitely 24... Coming along nicely... Taken on Saturday January 7th 2023 at 333p. I'll never visit the other Flagstaff SC again... Those poor people who won't go to this one... It's like going to Kingman and being sent to the terrible one by Carl's Jr instead of the new one by the visitor center. I'm literally shocked that this has 24 stalls but is almost 2 miles from the offramp of I-40. Should have been right there at Flagstaff Mall but that entire mall is part of a city master plan idea that's being tossed around that includes demolishing everything at the mall and then moving all city and county services, library, etc into a single mixed use mixed income super-plan that'll take 20 years to complete. It's quite visionary... Rainwater capture, solar and battery storage so all residents have no electric bills, etc... Then this opens downtown land for private development of housing and higher end (which is much needed here) hotels with all increases in tax revenues paying 100% of the cost of the debt service for the project. Man, I love Flagstaff!

Any more progress on this location?
I'll go check it out in the next day or two... Lots of snow here and it isn't melting so I bet they're delayed a bit... You never know though.

Then they move onto the new V4 500kw 100-stall "Tesla Turbocharger Rest Stop" at I-40 and I-17, with it's exclusive on and off ramps, "gastropub", boba tea house, and free massage chairs.

Sorry... I was sleep typing again.... That must have been a dream 🤣

I'll go check it out in the next day or two... Lots of snow here and it isn't melting so I bet they're delayed a bit... You never know though.

Then they move onto the new V4 500kw 100-stall "Tesla Turbocharger Rest Stop" at I-40 and I-17, with it's exclusive on and off ramps, "gastropub", boba tea house, and free massage chairs.

Sorry... I was sleep typing again.... That must have been a dream 🤣
Since when is 17” of new snow every few days an acceptable reason for delaying a supercharger build? :)
The future gastropub does sound good, though! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Locash
Definitely 24... Coming along nicely... Taken on Saturday January 7th 2023 at 333p. I'll never visit the other Flagstaff SC again... Those poor people who won't go to this one... It's like going to Kingman and being sent to the terrible one by Carl's Jr instead of the new one by the visitor center. I'm literally shocked that this has 24 stalls but is almost 2 miles from the offramp of I-40. Should have been right there at Flagstaff Mall but that entire mall is part of a city master plan idea that's being tossed around that includes demolishing everything at the mall and then moving all city and county services, library, etc into a single mixed use mixed income super-plan that'll take 20 years to complete. It's quite visionary... Rainwater capture, solar and battery storage so all residents have no electric bills, etc... Then this opens downtown land for private development of housing and higher end (which is much needed here) hotels with all increases in tax revenues paying 100% of the cost of the debt service for the project. Man, I love Flagstaff!
Wow, that sounds pretty awesome. So long as the numbnuts in the state leg don't decide they need to forbid that kind of thing to keep the oil company profits up.

Might have to move back there!