Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1g6bfx.jpg

I think the site takes a little bit to update. They just put the fence up as of maybe 30 mins. ago. When these pictures were taken not even two hours ago they were pretty much getting everything into position.

I can’t thank you enough for providing updates and pics. When Ozona and Junction went live, everyone thought that Fort Stockton was just around the corner. It’s been something like 2 years now..

No problem. I prefer to take pictures when the crew isn't there. They were real cool but I kind of figured that they were probably tired of inquisitive people and didn't want to be bothered. They didn't want to be too direct about what as going on due to an NDA however at the same time they figured it was still obvious.

I'm just glad they are working on it so I respect their desire to not discuss it and have a "let them work" attitude.

I'm a long-time lurker so I know how anticipated this Supercharger is.

Reactions: GWord and DriverOne
Travel plazas (fka truck stops) have been, are, and will continue to be a natural fit for EV fast charging. Get in, get out, get gone. Gotta love it.

There will be a revenue opportunity for the City of Fort Stockton and for whichever towing company gets the contract. Load that SC up with optimal signage (municipal no parking sign combined with "Tesla charging only 24/7 - Towing enforced" sign, one pair per stall, plus the probably-obligatory towing sign adjacent) and maybe some green striping/curb paint for good measure, and let the tow trucks have a field day. Flying J won't care one way or the other, and the City certainly won't mind the additional money for their rainy day fund.

Tangentially, it's surprising how much money parking and towing and fines and such rake in for a small municipality. A local beach town hereabouts (commercial area 1.7 square miles) brings in ~$20,000/week in parking meter/garage rates. Weekly revenue from parking *fines* and associated fees? Up to $30,000/week.

And y'all thought cryptoprofits were good.

Reactions: buttershrimp
While there was no good spot to put the supercharger at this location (parking lot is small relative to traffic), this was the spot I had picked out as the most appropriate, so they got that part right. Now Tesla will have to hire a local with a shotgun to prevent extensive ICEing lol.
I'm serious about this question, why haven't we started a movement to tape "Tesla Parking. Tow Away Zone" on a piece of paper to discourage folks from parking there? Notice the placement of the period in the sentence. Legally, both are possibly true but separate statements. Theoretically both statements are true. Also, we could add, "you will die if you park here".... which again, legally, is 100% true. You may say this behavior shouldn't be encouraged, but my guess is that it would make some difference. Maybe a picture of Jesus crying above a picture of an ICE'd supercharger.

I think the site takes a little bit to update. They just put the fence up as of maybe 30 mins. ago. When these pictures were taken not even two hours ago they were pretty much getting everything into position.

I'm not sure if you know it or now, but the supecharge.info site is not run by Tesla. TMC's own Blueshift runs it and gets his information from various places, like here and Facebook. So, a cone going up would just mean Blueshift read this thread.

Reactions: MarcoRP