Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you feel safe walking around the area at midnight? If so, cool. (Can’t really fell via Google Maps how safe it’d look late at night.)

I used to work in the museum district not far from this location, and occasionally had to go into work late at night or early in the morning. The area where this supercharger site is going in is a gentrifying neighborhood; used to have a lot of industrial support businesses and bungalow type houses, but all that started changing after the March 2000 tornado that tore through the Linwood neighborhood and downtown Fort Worth. In the ten years I worked in the museum district the region underwent drastic changes, and it continues.

Looks like the supercharger site is coming along with several workers active this afternoon. Some conduits and wiring are in place in the foreground on one of the images.
IMG_0850.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG

Last edited:
Haircut Saturday yesterday, meaning my barber shop is near the Supercharger site, so I stopped by and snapped a pic. It shows similar progress as jrad's above, but if you look closely at the median strip separating the parking area, the conduit stub-ups for each charging station are visible. My understanding is that there are to be sixteen charging stations at this location, which is an amazing number (IMO). Whether that is sixteen individual stations or eight combined remains to be seen:

IMG_2555.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: bollar and MarcoRP
Haircut Saturday yesterday, meaning my barber shop is near the Supercharger site, so I stopped by and snapped a pic. It shows similar progress as jrad's above, but if you look closely at the median strip separating the parking area, the conduit stub-ups for each charging station are visible. My understanding is that there are to be sixteen charging stations at this location, which is an amazing number (IMO). Whether that is sixteen individual stations or eight combined remains to be seen:
The Texas EAB filing for Ft. Worth supercharger shows 8 supercharger cabinets and 16 charging posts. What exactly do you mean by "combined station"? ALL superchargers (the cabinets with the actual charging hardware) are connected to 2 charging posts/stations/stalls. That is true of both the traditional style and the urban style superchargers. The only difference, besides the superficial look of the posts, is that the cabinets split the charge differently. But I haven't ever seen a supercharger post that has 2 cables and connectors like the combined CCS/CHAdeMO stations do.

Proposing to install an electric vehicle charging station. The scope of work includes the installation of (8) charging cabinets, (16) charging posts, (1) QED switchgear assembly, (8) NLTC transformer, (1) utility transformer, (1) pedestrian light fixtures.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
The Texas EAB filing for Ft. Worth supercharger shows 8 supercharger cabinets and 16 charging posts. What exactly do you mean by "combined station"? ALL superchargers (the cabinets with the actual charging hardware) are connected to 2 charging posts/stations/stalls. That is true of both the traditional style and the urban style superchargers. The only difference, besides the superficial look of the posts, is that the cabinets split the charge differently. But I haven't ever seen a supercharger post that has 2 cables and connectors like the combined CCS/CHAdeMO stations do.

You're right. I have yet to see an urban supercharger, so I was pondering aloud as to its configuration. I am aware that Supercharger stations are paired (1A, 1B, etc.).

Overall I am impressed by the number of charging points the Fort Worth location will have.

I was about to ask about the difference on urban and superchargers, but here it is. Just a smaller design basically with 72kw max charging speed.

Supercharging Cities

I drove by last night, but no need to post my photo. I am still waiting on some components for my 14-50 install and hope this gets completed quickly. This is on my way home from work, and I don't want to drive to Arlington very often until I get my charger installed. My work and my house both have 110v plugs that I can't use due to grounding issues. May end up getting my plug installed before this is done.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J and TexasDuke
I am still waiting on some components for my 14-50 install and hope this gets completed quickly. This is on my way home from work, and I don't want to drive to Arlington very often until I get my charger installed. My work and my house both have 110v plugs that I can't use due to grounding issues. May end up getting my plug installed before this is done.
I'm in the same boat, waiting on a permit for my new garage. In the meantime, I'm using my dryer plug with an extension cord out the back door to get 24 amps. A slight hassle, but way more convenient than driving to the Arlington SC, which I was doing.

I'm in the same boat, waiting on a permit for my new garage. In the meantime, I'm using my dryer plug with an extension cord out the back door to get 24 amps. A slight hassle, but way more convenient than driving to the Arlington SC, which I was doing.
Be sure you're using an extension cord which is rated for a continuous load. Most of them aren't and for uses like charging an EV you need one which can handle it.

I stopped by today and inquired how soon it would be finished, but the guy was not sure offhand. I had coworkers and did not stay to ask any more questions, but most of the boxes were wide open and lots of wires looked to be getting connected.

I am about to head off to Arlington to supercharge after work, but I at least figured out I have one grounded outlet in my kitchen and got an 80 foot extension cord to top off my battery. I got 44 miles of range overnight last night, but took two trips with coworkers at the plant and am down to less than 50 miles. Will be much easier to maintain until I get my charging plug installed.

Reactions: Dr. J