Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX - North Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Edit 23 March 2023: Real permit
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023014854

Not a lot of info to go off on this one, but there was an Electrical Permit issued yesterday by the City of Fort Worth at the Buc-ee's at 15901 North Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76177. Nothing in the permit implies or points to Superchargers but since its a new permit at a Buc-ee's, I figured its for Superchargers. There was also the following in the permit:

ELECTRICAL
Receptacles: 15
Air Conditioner: 3 - 5 Ton: 1
Transformer: Over 20 KW: 1
Total Item(s): 17

Last edited:
Yes there is going to be a Supercharger there. Buc-ees signed a deal with Tesla, all their locations except the mini store in Giddings will have a Supercharger.
Can you show me proof that all but that one will get it? It's not that I don't believe you but there's 10 Buc-ee's in the Angleton/Lake Jackson/Freeport area and I find it a little hard to believe they'll all get superchargers.

Can you show me proof that all but that one will get it? It's not that I don't believe you but there's 10 Buc-ee's in the Angleton/Lake Jackson/Freeport area and I find it a little hard to believe they'll all get superchargers.

Not sure why they stated just Giddings won't get one. There's 35 Texas Buc-ee's on their location page, but the agreement only has 16 Texas locations. Unless there's another page in the agreement that we're not privy to.

Not a lot of info to go off on this one, but there was an Electrical Permit issued yesterday by the City of Fort Worth at the Buc-ee's at 15901 North Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76177. Nothing in the permit implies or points to Superchargers but since its a new permit at a Buc-ee's, I figured its for Superchargers. There was also the following in the permit:

While it is on the list, that looks like an interior remodel. A supercharger wouldn’t have 15 receptacles. Or an AC unit. Receptacles and charging posts are not the same in terms of a permit. And the transformer would be much much larger than 20kw.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4 and brkaus
I guess if you just count the actual PSU units they would fit in 800 sq ft. 40ft wide by 4 ft deep is 160 x 5 is 800. And according to this the cost of construction minus all the electrical work (wire and wiring) is only $126k.

1679719649918.png

If V4s are for Semis, there is not pull thru lanes. No other V4s are in the system per the Data tab on supercharger. Fingers crossed.. Just say an AZ location will have a V4 on a google search.
That location was Dateland because they drawings for the "alternate post" were in site plans. People automatically assumed it would be used. Just like all the battery day hype. Until we start seeing the V4 posts delivered, assume all sites will be V3. And even then, they will first go to sites where they have promised various municipalities that they will be open to all vehicle types in exchange for obtaining their site leases.

V4s are not for semis. V4 is megawatt capable but are not "Megachargers" intended for Semis which are only being installed at warehouse locations where Semis are based. Currently V4 is a variation of V3 with higher voltage capability along with slightly higher ampacity to allow for higher kw charging for capable cars.