Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do u wait and how do you know whose next? No lines
Honor system. To date, I have yet to hear of any fights breaking out over this.

I do wish that TM would finally post some "60 minute parking only while charging" signs, or one of the many other recommendations given in the innumerable other threads that have discussed this. It drives me nuts that people actually have the nerve to leave a car at a SC for hours after done, sometimes even overnight. It's just insanely rude.

Regardless, since SJC and FV are always jammed, we definitely need more Superchargers along the 405. I think Irvine would be great, as close to the 405/5 split as possible. Maybe Long Beach. Hopefully several more locations. These existing locations will not get less crowded over time.

I pulled into FV around 4:30 pm and all spots were taken, I had to wait a whole 3 min for one to open up. Tesla SC team member was here to observe the traffic. Hey mgdurand, that jeep in your pic is still in the same spot!

BTW, at least 4 MS that were charging when I arrived were still plugged in with no owners in sight. Shame on you, next time I'm posting a picture of the license plates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macbest
BTW, at least 4 MS that were charging when I arrived were still plugged in with no owners in sight. Shame on you, next time I'm posting a picture of the license plates.
Do you mean they were still plugged in when you left? It is unclear if it is a problem. It depends on how long they were there in total. How long were they there before you arrived? You don't know. They could have arrived only a few minutes before you. They may only be charging for a full hour while shopping, and returned right after you left. If there was a Tesla member there on sight, he/she would have known.

Do you mean they were still plugged in when you left? It is unclear if it is a problem. It depends on how long they were there in total. How long were they there before you arrived? You don't know. They could have arrived only a few minutes before you. They may only be charging for a full hour while shopping, and returned right after you left. If there was a Tesla member there on sight, he/she would have known.
These cars were plugged in when I arrived to charge without any owners in sight and the cars were still plugged in without any owners as I left. I supposed they could have been charging their 500 kW battery pack.

This supercharger is always crowded with looks like local charging. I'm second in line with all spots taken, one owner in the car, and TCP service vehicles waiting as well. Local charging aside, I think Tesla should limit or exclude supercharging for transportation vehicles.

This supercharger is always crowded with looks like local charging. I'm second in line with all spots taken, one owner in the car, and TCP service vehicles waiting as well. Local charging aside, I think Tesla should limit or exclude supercharging for transportation vehicles.

As a new owner of a limo business that is switching to an all-electric Tesla Fleet, I think that local charging is more of an issue than our vehicles charging.

Our drivers have HPWCs at home base, and only go to the supercharger when they are not gonna make it back to base or they have a back to back job.

Our drivers usually wait with the vehicles while supercharging and as soon as they have enough charge, they are on their way.

We are San Diego based so going up to LAX is usually the only time they need to charge, usually at redondo beach. But they usually avoid fountain valley and San Juan Capistrano due to the long lines/locals charging.

Just my 2c

As a new owner of a limo business that is switching to an all-electric Tesla Fleet, I think that local charging is more of an issue than our vehicles charging.

Our drivers have HPWCs at home base, and only go to the supercharger when they are not gonna make it back to base or they have a back to back job.

Our drivers usually wait with the vehicles while supercharging and as soon as they have enough charge, they are on their way.

We are San Diego based so going up to LAX is usually the only time they need to charge, usually at redondo beach. But they usually avoid fountain valley and San Juan Capistrano due to the long lines/locals charging.

Just my 2c

I find myself all over California to visit clients and tend to stay in hotels as it is too late to drive back home sometimes. I've seen TCP fleet vehicles at literally every supercharger station. I've only had the car a month, but have supercharged in Culver City, San Juan Capistrano, San Diego, Fountain Valley, and even Burbank (been open 2 days?). I've never seen a fleet vehicle leave early while there is a wait. While charging at Culver City at 10pm on Monday, I saw the same guy rotate in a second fleet vehicle while I was charging. Not directed at your business, but there seems to be at least some businesses where supercharging is more of a regular part of their daily operation.

I will find myself in Rancho Cucamonga tomorrow and will top off at the supercharger before heading back. Hopefully won't have to wait for a charge. I typically charge at the end of my day (9pm - 11pm), or in the morning while I catch up on emails (9am - 11am). With the nature of my work, I thought these to be off hour times. Supercharging was a big draw

To your point, I do believe local charging is an issue. I've been in fountain valley late night where a guy drops off the car and his wife picks him up and they leave.

I will find myself in Rancho Cucamonga tomorrow and will top off at the supercharger before heading back. Hopefully won't have to wait for a charge. I typically charge at the end of my day (9pm - 11pm), or in the morning while I catch up on emails (9am - 11am). With the nature of my work, I thought these to be off hour times. Supercharging was a big draw

The RC SC should be pretty empty both of those times. That is my "local" Supercharger. I visit it often. Combination of forgetting to charge at home occasionally (swift I know) and days when I visit my parents near Palm Springs. In fact, I have never been there when its been super busy. I do try to avoid it during what I would think would be heavy Vegas drive times.

Whose to say the guy isn't a renter and doesn't have access to his own L2.

It does no good to "shame" people. They bought the car and they have the right to charge.
You are correct in the we should not make assumptions. They could come back in an hour. If, however, they are storing the car there for several hours, then leaving a note is not shaming them, especially if it is worded appropriately. Shaming them would be posting pictures of them and their car on line. That is something I would tend not to do, but also not be opposed to if they are truly repeat offenders.