Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Framingham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seem to be a supercharger under construction in Shoppers World.

Source: forums.tesla.com

6EX4yw9.jpg

FVQ0U0S.jpg

upload_2017-12-8_12-32-26.png

Last edited:
I found exactly where the photo was taken in Google Street View, a few clicks off of the link above:
Google Maps
I see a block of 4 spaces there, which I gather is being used as their equipment staging area. Past that is a small grassy area, with a row of 12 spaces after that, followed by another larger grassy area.. Tesla has been going for more chargers recently, so I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking at 12 or 16 spaces. Putting the transformer and chargers in the first small grassy area might be tight. We should have a good indication of their plans soon. I'll contact a friend on the Framingham Planning Board and see if I can get the plans.

Reactions: Bokonon
I'm very excited for this to open. You and I must have been there only moments apart. I took photos, but there's basically the same as what you have.

I counted 5 wood crates and one metallic looking object that I assume is the transformer.

Were the two other wooden crates smaller than the 3 shown in the photos? If so they might be the pedestals, in which case this would likely be a 6-stall site. The transformer comes from the utility, and is very large, so it’s probably not there yet.

Interesting that Tesla doesn’t have this on their “coming soon”, but they do have one in Natick. Hard to believe that they’re going to do both, so maybe this is that one? In any case there certainly covering the Pike well. Next stop Burlington (and maybe an SC as well)?

I went back through months of Planning Board agendas in both Framingham and Natick, and I found no references to site plan reviews for Superchargers. It's likely that the zoning regulations don't trigger site plan review because they're not changing the number of parking spaces. I did find the plans for one in Seekonk, MA, though, complete with engineering plans. I created a thread for it. Even though it's in a town I've never heard of, I'm excited to have found a new one. Sorry I couldn't find plans for this one.