Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Freetown, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
There is a Neon Marketplace currently under construction in Freetown, MA next to Amazon. The address is on Innovation Way. I believe there will eventually be Tesla superchargers incorporated into this location, but do not have anything in writing yet to support this. Neon has publicly stated they intend to include EV charging at their new builds, with partners Tesla (100% so far) and ChargePoint referenced in articles.

Don't think this is quite ready to be listed as a coming soon location on supercharge.info, but that could come soon.

Credit to @JER_1 for the intel on this and some recent photos.

Status as of 5/7/2022
IMG_5321.jpeg

IMG_5322.jpeg

Interesting sidenote about Freetown, there is a marijuana growing and processing company called Americann located there on some old Sam Adams property. Their whole angle is reducing production cost and carbon footprint through solar and super efficient greenhouses. Essentially they are building the machine that grows the machine. Their draft renderings of their buildings feature Teslas and superchargers - certainly they’ll just have level 2 but fun none the less. And a good gamble for anyone who likes penny stocks. $ACAN.

• Informative
Reactions: EdA
Thanks, I've added it as Freetown. The permit lists it in Assonet, and Google Maps places the address in Fall River. I guessed at the coordinates, so feel free to send corrected ones.
I'd recommend updating the location to 41.762899, -71.095354 for now which is in front of one of the buildings in the middle of the construction site (already showing up on google maps). Site plans and exact supercharger location are not yet known.

1652362555548.png

I'd recommend updating the location to 41.762899, -71.095354 for now which is in front of one of the buildings in the middle of the construction site (already showing up on google maps). Site plans and exact supercharger location are not yet known.

View attachment 803249
Also, if you could update the listing to be 250kw and not 8kw when you have a moment :)
@corywright

Sadly, it looks like site work really hasn't changed much, if at all, since previous visits. :(

EDIT - some change, but not as much as you would think for a month+ of work. I thought I had posted my June 17th visit photos, but it appears not. Here are a few to contract with the updates @chjch just shared.
IMG_7470.JPEG

IMG_7471.JPEG

IMG_7472.JPEG

IMG_7473.JPEG

Last edited:
There are 8 pedestals up (visible in another photo JR shared privately). From a prior photo, it looked like a newer generation of pedestal base was used (perhaps compatible with future switchover to the new "alternative" (aka v4) pedestal), and perhaps Tesla shipped the traditional set with supercharger equipment order just in case? These extra ped bases may make their way over to the Providence Neon build which should start soon.

From the non-empty wire spools, looks like wiring is also in-progress.

Reactions: kayak1