Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 39201 Fremont Blvd (Fremont Hub, LIVE 27 Apr 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And with the pic

Attachments

• 20180414_160140.jpg
    20180414_160140.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Informative
Reactions: anonim1979 and bmah
Stopped by today and found someone working on the pedestals. The backs were off all of them. The guy working on them said he was doing a final check. He said it wouldn't be open today, but probably in the next couple of days.
The guy might have been a Tesla employee because he drove a Model S. Then another Model S showed up.

• Informative
Reactions: anonim1979 and bmah
Yeah that's the Tesla tech doing final inspection. Usually they get turned on later that same day barring any problems. He might have been sandbagging by saying that it should be ready in a couple days. Or just didn't want to make any guarantees.

Went by there today.

Three contractor trucks all around the supercharger. Kindly asked one of the gentleman working how progress was going.

His response was there are problems with PG&E. Too much power feeding into the station. They are going to have to step it down a bit. He estimates it will probably be another week before it goes online, I suspect due to the likelihood that PG&E will probably have to reinspect the site again after the modifications.

Went by there today.

Three contractor trucks all around the supercharger. Kindly asked one of the gentleman working how progress was going.

His response was there are problems with PG&E. Too much power feeding into the station. They are going to have to step it down a bit. He estimates it will probably be another week before it goes online, I suspect due to the likelihood that PG&E will probably have to reinspect the site again after the modifications.
Ugh. Maybe it's going to be delayed like Sunnyvale where they had to install the buck/boost transformers in front of each of the Supercharger cabinets. I don't know why PG&E doesn't have different taps on their transformers so they can deliver the voltage with a tighter tolerance.

Went by there today.

I saw the truck with the crane boom attached to something (transformer maybe) inside the fence. Must have been taking it out.