Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fresno Supercharger is having problems. I’m having trouble trying to keep a stable charging session. The Model 3 next to me reported similar. Called tech support and they said the Supercharger site itself is not reporting status. They’re going to try to get someone to investigate and fix if necessary.

Bruce.

Fresno has been overwhelmed the past 8-10 months. There must be over 400 Teslas in and around Fresno. Much of the time the vacancy rates are very low, if not full. At least three times in recent memory, there has been a line waiting. A lot of locals charge there during lunch and dinner hours which exacerbates the situation. Moreover, Fresno is about three hours from Sac, and it is about 2.5 hours from Tejon Ranch, making it a good spot for travelers to eat enroute.

I would not hold out much hope for a new location here in 2019. Tesla wants to fill in SR99 at Bakersfield, Visalia, and Merced. Past patterns by Tesla is to build clustered Superchargers along a single highway at once. Fresno's construction started in November, and it opened late in January the following year.

My opinion is that the existing location should be expanded to at least 16 (preferably 20) stalls. There is ample room. Then add another location off SR41 and Nees Ave. on the way to Yosemite--maybe make those urban chargers for the locals to usurp and travelers to top off before heading up the hill.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Yes, this site is getting overwhelmed, regularly full. The Model 3 is finally starting to hit the Central Valley en masse as prices come down and word spreads about the local air pollution control district’s generous $3k EV rebate.

If I had my choice though I’d prefer they address the bottleneck by completing Merced and Visalia vs. expanding this one.

Reactions: PLUS EV
3pm Friday, 108 degrees, every stall full, 1-2 waiting.

Had a weird situation where my car wouldn’t start charging - just sat at “starting to charge” forever. Never seen that before, but a MCU reboot got things moving (2019.24.4).

Also got the “AC temporarily reduced” message on the freeway before stopping... it’s a hot one in the Central Valley today.

EEAF0ABE-91BC-4688-89E9-2467A794B493.jpeg

9A1D1306-1D3F-473A-AC43-11CE93EE82A5.jpeg

B0AFAA61-DAEE-411D-B93C-8C38B34B405A.jpeg

3pm Friday, 108 degrees, every stall full, 1-2 waiting.

Had a weird situation where my car wouldn’t start charging - just sat at “starting to charge” forever. Never seen that before, but a MCU reboot got things moving (2019.24.4).

Also got the “AC temporarily reduced” message on the freeway before stopping... it’s a hot one in the Central Valley today.

We live three miles from this location. Based upon empirical information, this location starts to get congested late mornings ~10:30, perhaps coincident with people leaving Sacto or Los Angeles earlier in the morning. Then, it gets really congested during the noon hour typically by locals who stop to eat or shop.

There is a lull around 1:30 for an hour or so, then it gets congested again as travelers arrive for their afternoon charge. This can extend into the early evening as locals charge and go to dinner.

Of course, all bets are off on weekends and during holiday periods.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam and ucmndd
I don’t know if there’s been talk about a new Fresno Supercharger on the Cali forum yet, but I’ve just read a post by @cpa saying that the rumor going around is that a new Supercharger will be going up at the River Park Shopping Center in Fresno, and for some reason the thread was posted in the CS&I forum, although I think it should have been posted here as a speculation thread. Photo below is from the thread cpa posted (LINK).
ACE77D40-3A78-42C9-BB4C-0A620C280913.jpeg

In the meantime, can
@Doug_G and @doug move the thread (linked above) to this forum so @ecarfan or @bmah can sort out the California specifics, and if @mociaf9 or @emupilot could do a search for some info to see if this fB post is legit. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know if there’s been talk about a new Fresno Supercharger on the Cali forum yet, but I’ve just read a post by @cpa saying that the rumor going around is that a new Supercharger will be going up at the River Park Shopping Center in Fresno, and for some reason the thread was posted in the CS&I forum, although I think it should have been posted here as a speculation thread. Photo below is from the thread cpa posted (LINK).View attachment 476346

In the meantime, can
@Doug_G and @doug move the thread (linked above) to this forum so @ecarfan or @bmah can sort out the California specifics, and if @mociaf9 or @emupilot could do a search for some info to see if this fB post is legit. Thanks

Thank you, MarcoRP! This forum is not the easiest in trying to figure out where to place a new post. i searched for a few minutes to try to find the California location, but sadly for me I did not find it.

The FB post is legit; I know of the individuals who posted same. I live in Fresno.

PS: Cali is in Colombia.

In the meantime, can
@Doug_G and @doug move the thread (linked above) to this forum
Anyone can use the REPORT function to make a request like that. You could do it. If you make your request in this forum it is unlikely to be acted upon nearly as quickly as if you use REPORT.

I reported that thread yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecarfan