Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stalls were full when I pulled up, but only had to wait a moment for one to clear. Over new year's, it was busy, but they had two attendants hanging around making sure things kept moving.

@Everyone.... I've stopped here three times since the end of December and I've not been charged each time. My Tesla account shows "no charge". I don't have energy credits. I'm charged at other SCs before and after hitting Fresno. Free power at Fresno?

I have found a permit which looks like it’s for the Supercharger expansion at Riverside. The permit is for the installation of “Commercial EV Chargers” at 6587 N Riverside Dr, across from the existing Superchargers. The explanation as to why I think this is a Supercharger is HERE. Again, I will need someone to verify that this is a Supercharger. Thanks!
68430604-C37A-43C6-A34C-38165E201590.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found a permit which looks like it’s for the Supercharger expansion at Riverside. The permit is for the installation of “Commercial EV Chargers” at 6587 N Riverside Dr, across from the existing Superchargers. The explanation as to why I think this is a Supercharger is HERE. Again, I will need someone to verify that this is a Supercharger. Thanks!

there is a supercharger there already, so it does not make a lot of sense to make another. It’s already a 150 kw charger so upgrade doesn’t seem likely either. More stalls?

there is a supercharger there already, so it does not make a lot of sense to make another. It’s already a 150 kw charger so upgrade doesn’t seem likely either. More stalls?

I think it will be located in the new construction going on just south of the existing Superchargers. Probably much easier to install them before all the parking lots are paved rather than digging up the existing pavement.

That said, there certainly is room adjacent to the existing location, so who knows for sure?

Finally, this location is congested a lot. This location has stalls out of service with increasing frequency. Another dozen or so stalls would be welcome!

Reactions: Puddles
I think it will be located in the new construction going on just south of the existing Superchargers. Probably much easier to install them before all the parking lots are paved rather than digging up the existing pavement.

That said, there certainly is room adjacent to the existing location, so who knows for sure?

Finally, this location is congested a lot. This location has stalls out of service with increasing frequency. Another dozen or so stalls would be welcome!

I know there is demand, but there was chatter at one point about Fresno getting a second charger and I (hopefully) assumed it would be in a different location

Does anyone know the current status? I'm just about to head home from Pismo Beach to merced. It would be a lot more efficient for me to bypass kettleman city and charge in fresno but not if there are stalls out, or its slow, or if i have to wait.

I was by there a couple days ago and it looked to be almost fully occupied, which tells me at least most stalls are working. It is a 150 kw charger so it’s definitely not slow. Your car map will give you the most up to date status though.

150kW is the maximum power on any one stall in ideal conditions...that unfortunately doesn't say anything about what power someone will get when they plug in, which is what the "slow" question is really about. For example, in years past, some Superchargers had hardware problems related to high temperatures in places like Fresno, which resulted in drastically lower charging rates on some stalls. That won't be on the in-car map. Only someone who's actually tried to charge there would be able to speak to conditions like that.

(Unfortunately, I can't help answer the question...I haven't been back "home" to Fresno for over a year now.)

Bruce.

We ended up only charging in Kettleman City after all. It took 15 minutes to charge enough to get home with 12% remaining. Had we held off until Fresno, that same charge would have take 7.5 minutes assuming that we were getting the full charge rate in Fresno from the start which would have been unlikely if I had to wait any time and then deal with slower charging because I'm second.

The other factor is that at that time of night, no businesses were open that had restrooms and although we didn't need the restrooms by the time we hit Kettleman City, we would have needed them by the time we hit Fresno. But there's a difference between needing a restroom and being able to use one (trying for not too much info :) and we were able to use the restrooms in Kettleman City so that we didn't "need" them by the time we hit Fresno.

Also, Fresno is an extra 2 minutes to and from the freeway MORE than the Kettleman City is from the highway, so in retrospect, this was a no brainer decision.

We ended up only charging in Kettleman City after all. It took 15 minutes to charge enough to get home with 12% remaining. Had we held off until Fresno, that same charge would have take 7.5 minutes assuming that we were getting the full charge rate in Fresno from the start which would have been unlikely if I had to wait any time and then deal with slower charging because I'm second.

Doesn't Kettleman have several 250 kW chargers, whereas the current Fresno site has the 'shared' 150 kW's ? You mentioned the same charge at Kettleman would take twice as long.

Doesn't Kettleman have several 250 kW chargers, whereas the current Fresno site has the 'shared' 150 kW's ? You mentioned the same charge at Kettleman would take twice as long.

I have a P85D so maximum charge is 120KW.

At the SOC I would have arrived at in Fresno, I would have gotten the full charge rate for a while (assuming now wait and not second to paired stall) vs my SOC at Kettleman which although no wait would have only charge about half the rate at the higher SOC.

Reactions: Ulmo
I don't usually use this Fresno Supercharger because I live in town but I decided to charge for a bit (trip) on Thursday morning July 9 and I was shocked at the amount of garbage. I decided to come back better prepared the next day Friday and I picked up most of the mess. This is the first Supercharger that had so much garbage. Really....do we need a sign that says "Don't Litter."

pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg
pic 3.jpg
pic 4.jpg
pic 5.jpg

I don't usually use this Fresno Supercharger because I live in town but I decided to charge for a bit (trip) on Thursday morning July 9 and I was shocked at the amount of garbage. I decided to come back better prepared the next day Friday and I picked up most of the mess. This is the first Supercharger that had so much garbage. Really....do we need a sign that says "Don't Litter."

View attachment 562874 View attachment 562875 View attachment 562876 View attachment 562878 View attachment 562879

As I said upstream, our prevailing winds are out of the northwest. A lot of trash discarded by others between the Superchargers and Target and Mickey D's winds up blown into the parking area with the Superchargers. Am I absolving us Tesla owners? No. But I argue that the far majority of the trash is deposited by others and carried by the winds.