Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaithersburg, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to it opening. I have read that if you use superchargers exclusively Tesla will slow the charging rate so as to not damage the battery. It's funny to go check if it's open and see the teslas circling like sharks round a dead whale!!

For those of us who drop by regularly to check, these messages are helpful. e.g. because of MMC's post, I am not going to waste my time by checking by on the way home from work today. Besides, a little hopeful expectation in life is a good thing!

Reactions: CSFTN
Pepco is connecting the Transformers to the main lines today. The Supercharger will have power tonight. I am trying to find out if that means the stations will be turned on and open for business. I will check back tonight and again tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 52
I doubt that, the battery is about the same capacity as 4-5 cars, and the site is set up to charge 6 to12 cars(depending on states of charge), and I doubt they have stationary batteries charge at the same 1.5C rate as the cars do when low. I'm guess inspections and verifications.

Wrapped in tape so maybe so the batteries will be charged before use?