Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilman, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here this evening on my way back to Chicago from Champaign. It’s a great stop. Allows me to bypass charging in Champaign SC at lower speeds because the battery is still half full but not quite enough to get to Chicago. This allowed me to start my drive bring it down to 50 miles and stop for 15 mins to complete my trip.
I have a 100D X got 158KW on it. Car GPS routes me to it and it was operational

Drawback is if the Amtrak train arrives as it blocks the road back to the expressway for a while.

This is a very good point. I just charged here for the first time today. I love how close it is to the highway, and I loved getting 250kW (for the first time at any SC), but it’s too bad it’s sited on the wrong side of the tracks. Not good if there happens to be a train there when arriving or departing.

When I had hit my target charge %, there was a freight train going by blocking the way back to the highway, so I had to wait a few minutes for it to pass. Not a big deal, as I just charged for a for more minutes, but definitely not ideal.

Last edited:
I just witnessed this while supercharging here. More supercharging needs more wind power.

097FE50F-1209-4CC2-9BDF-779E63FB7205.jpeg
12DD5CB2-C086-42A5-8777-A465C499A50B.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: scottf200