Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drum roll please...................

The supercharger referred to in the sign at Buellton is not in Santa Barbara or Montecito, it is currently under construction at the Camino Real shopping center in Goleta. I'll post a picture of exactly where later, later, but that's it. For non-locals it's about five miles north of Santa Barbara, it used to be non-incorporated Santa Barbara.

There is another supercharger approved somewhere, I can't find it and they (Tesla) wouldn't say where it is, but they said three total Santa Barbara area.

Attachments

• 1E9B51FB-E952-4C5E-B2F4-E75CDCD90006.jpeg
    1E9B51FB-E952-4C5E-B2F4-E75CDCD90006.jpeg
    790.3 KB · Views: 96
I filled up again tonight on the mythical charger. I'm gone a lot of this upcoming week, so my wife will be driving the car not so far, and I don't think it will need it this next weekend.

Good thing, tonight was 427 Cobra, is it real or is it not, in the mythical charger parking lot, one of the cars is the real thing, the rest are not. You have to guess which is the real one. You can ask then to do burnouts to look for positraction, rev their engines, who can hold 8K, etc.

Anyway, I'm going to guess that I have to use that charger one more time after I return, and then................supercharge if I like. We'll see.

The pedestals went unused as far as I can tell and they are gone, they are not in the back fenced off area anymore. Ambient has a trailer that has been there from the start, they could be in that, but they take up a lot of room. I wanted to ask about all of the mysteries, but no one was there this weekend.

Did I miss something?

You did. Behind the red cones, right on the green fencing, there is another one.

I circled it in red on my again really bad photo, I circled the last one shown in your photo in mine in blue.

There was not a sidewalk there before, it looks like there will be now, the funny spot might be ADA access.

You were however totally right about the rain delaying it:)

IMG_7260.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gray468 and mociaf9
Yes, this is off topic, but was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. This is a follow up.

For those that saw my earlier posts regarding the 70 amp Charger at Mechanics Bank in Goleta, it melted my adapter 3 or so weeks ago. Tesla Service Center took no responsibility, claiming it was the charger's fault. They had no other complaints. I suggested that was evidence it was my car's fault since many Teslas use it every day. Nope. They would not budge. Others in this forum suggested my 2.75 year old, well used adapter was at its end of life.... buy another and stop whining.

I mentioned the charger was owned by Tesla to the service center. Nope, not true. Tesla paid some amount of the installation cost, but is not the owner. So Tesla is still not accepting responsibility.

I bought a new adapter and after watching dozens of cars, many of them Teslas, successfully use the charger over a week or two I tried again. Doh! It melted my new adapter in 1 hour. This time the Tesla Service Center told me they have had several melted adapters from that location. Thanks. Would have been nice to tell me. I am on the hook to buy another one,

And when I say melted, the first one a month ago was deformed and hot to handle. The second one only mildly deformed and warm to handle, and neither one left any residue in the charger that I could see. Anyway, I reported it to Clipper Creek. Speechless with indifference, they said they would pass it on to the owner and let me know if the owner (they would not disclose who owned it) will fix it. That was 3 weeks ago... nada. I suppose I should ask in Mechanics Bank. But the main reason for this post: until the charging handle looks brand new, beware!

If you want to discuss, start a conversation with me, as this is off topic.