Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Great Falls, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since they've been working on the Northern States, maybe someone will remind them about the big gap in Michigan's Upper Peninsula--not a single SC. They just opened the Mackinac City one in the top of the mitten but without any SC in the UP it is 418 miles from Mackinac to Duluth. Escanaba is a critical one but has been waiting for permit for 777 days. It is one of the last big gaps made bigger with the Canadian border closed indefinitely.

I-15 is green. But still there are sizable gaps

Shelby, MT will reduce the gap north of Great Falls, MT and improve the Canadian connection, but still the connection could use another one in Milk River, AB.

I know you want a supercharger there, but I will mention that there is a Peaks to Prairies Chademo in Milk River now. It's better than nothing.

I know you want a supercharger there, but I will mention that there is a Peaks to Prairies Chademo in Milk River now. It's better than nothing.

Since this has several "informative" comments, I'll also add that if you live in the Calgary area, I have a Chademo adapter that I can usually lend out. Just send me a DM.

From the Helena thread:
Hey we should really let Super 1 in Helena know how much we appreciate them hosting the Superchargers! After all, they are looking to host the Kalispell location, and I think it would be helpful for them to see the benefits of having Tesla customers!
I'm planning to be there Friday July 3rd around noon (11-1). Let's fill up the stalls at that time!!!

This is a great idea. I think the Kalispell Super1 will greenlight the SC there if there's positive feedback from the Helena location. If anyone in Great Falls can zip down there to charge, do it. Fill the stalls, go buy some ice cream at the Super1, tell the checkout person or the manager how much it's appreciated. We really need a SC in Kalispell, and this will help.

Is this supercharger currently working ? Shows as reduced capacity on Tesla Nav. Can anyone confirm? We are on our way from Glacier to Minneapolis and abetterrouteplanner is suggesting this route while Tesla Nav is not.

Thanks
Reduced service usually means some are working. Temporary closure is the big gamble.

Add: From PlugShare,
“ was the only car there. Tried four stalls and they didn’t work. Bit of a scare as I thought the chargers were broken, tesla app wanted to tow me to spokane, WA. (6 hours away) and the phone time to speak with someone was over an hour wait. After I rebooted the car, I used one at far end (they don’t have numbers yet, too new I guess). “

The new 250s are grouped by 4, so 4/8 working is not uncommon.

Reduced service usually means some are working. Temporary closure is the big gamble.

Add: From PlugShare,
“ was the only car there. Tried four stalls and they didn’t work. Bit of a scare as I thought the chargers were broken, tesla app wanted to tow me to spokane, WA. (6 hours away) and the phone time to speak with someone was over an hour wait. After I rebooted the car, I used one at far end (they don’t have numbers yet, too new I guess). “

The new 250s are grouped by 4, so 4/8 working is not uncommon.
Still the case. 1A-D all bad. 2A-D all good. Only pulled 133KW though since BTX5.

Maybe this has been noted before, but Tesla website seems to be confused about where this supercharger is actually located (this seems to be a mapping error, because there is a 14th St and a 14 ST SW or something like that in Great Falls). abetterrouteplanner.com shows 2 locations in Great Falls, which is why I noticed...

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 8.22.25 PM.png