Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The City of Greenville's Green Ribbon Action Committee has setup a survey asking for input from EV owners about charging options. Here is the link... Please take survey as it is the only "demand side" input for the Greenville situation.

Electric Vehicle Charging Station Information Survey

The survey is only 3 questions, and at the end it gives you a unique link to post a geotag where you want new charging options in Greenville. I have posted a geotag at the intersection of Woodruff Road and Interstate 85. That is where the old defunct supercharger location is... It's still the best general location for Level 3 charging...

survey

Interesting tid bit:
Case Sub Type: Breach of Cont[ract] 140

I just looked at the website of the court and see this is a Roster Call, so attorneys are requested to update the judge on the status. I also see a number of Mediators listed as contact persons ....

From this my take is

1. Not over yet
2. May take a while

as the parties may report on the court day that they are sill actively pursuing the matter and need more time. This August day is NOT a day when there will be some "action" ... imho... not worth to go there and to listen in as it may be 30 seconds and next matter...

If someone locally wants to go to the court a better use of time would be to look into the matter:

Smith Chapel Holdings LLC , plaintiff, et al vs. DDR Corp , defendant, et al

and read the last documents filed.... which is interesting and pretty current :

Order/Form 4/Rulings on Various MotionsOrder
07/16/2015-15:10
There is a "summary Judgement" motion out ... which may kills the case quickly .... but what happened on July 16?

Hoping for the best!

I filled it out based on my strong interest in having the Supercharger there. You'd think the universities would be strong advocates, at least for CHAdeMO if not Tesla.

Interesting. That means they have officially abandoned the site. I guess maybe that's good news. Any photos of what the site looks like now?

It was too busy to take any during lunch but I'll see if I can get some this evening. Basically a big construction dumpsters full of debris, some dirt moved around and all the stuff that was installed before is now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Another alternative charging location is the CCS/CHAdeMO unit that was installed at the CUiCAR center just off of I-85 near the Laurens Road exit. It's much more convenient than the downtown CHAdeMO unit if you are just passing though on I-85 and it's faster than the wall unit at the dentist office on Woodruff Rd.

wow and I thought this would come through. I was on this route July 14, went from Virginia to Atlanta. This last leg was long, left Springfield, Virgina at 4:15am and arrived Decatur SC around 7:30pm. Got caught in rain storm after dinner and had to pay $5 for Uber to drive me 0.5 miles.

Folks - I met with a couple of Greenville officials and their green initiative chairman a couple of days ago...

They are very supportive of our needs and want us downtown... They have offered up a couple of garages (Richardson and Poinsett) for a potential supercharger / destination charger... I've connected the atlanta store manager with them for further discussions ...