Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gustine, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw that Guistine was out of service last Friday (07/21) northbound on I-5. Wife wanted split pea soup so we stopped anyway. I walked over to the SC and saw 2 workers and no one charging. Workers said they were installing security cameras but they thought the SC's were working. I backed in, hooked up and, sure enough, SC worked fine. Topped off some and then moved on.....

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and EVie'sDad
Saw that Guistine was out of service last Friday (07/21) northbound on I-5. Wife wanted split pea soup so we stopped anyway. I walked over to the SC and saw 2 workers and no one charging. Workers said they were installing security cameras but they thought the SC's were working. I backed in, hooked up and, sure enough, SC worked fine. Topped off some and then moved on.....
So vandalism/theft has been a problem over there?

It was open today, got there around 3:30pm. 2A stopped for me and another person after about a minute of supercharging, that was lame. 3B was slower than expected, wanted 70kW, but got 50kW. Same story at 4A.

How do we report these issues?

Is the nav reporting it as operational? (Away from my car at the moment)

It didn't say "reduced service" or anything like that but I do remember that even when I was a few miles away I didn't see any stall occupancy information. Neither the little rectangles on the map or the "X of Y stalls available" on the pop-up. That was a few hours ago.

Right now I'm in Fresno (but not at the Supercharger) and I have stall occupancy info for (among other places) Fresno and Gustine but Gustine is showing 0 stalls available. I'm a little skeptical of it being totally full (middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday). So...???...

Bruce.

EDIT: Ok now a few minutes later Gustine is showing 2 of 12 available on my nav map. So maybe it really is busy there.

Last edited:
Reactions: e-FTW
It didn't say "reduced service" or anything like that but I do remember that even when I was a few miles away I didn't see any stall occupancy information. Neither the little rectangles on the map or the "X of Y stalls available" on the pop-up. That was a few hours ago.

Right now I'm in Fresno (but not at the Supercharger) and I have stall occupancy info for (among other places) Fresno and Gustine but Gustine is showing 0 stalls available. I'm a little skeptical of it being totally full (middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday). So...???...

Bruce.

EDIT: Ok now a few minutes later Gustine is showing 2 of 12 available on my nav map. So maybe it really is busy there.

Bruce,

Last week I was traveling from Phoenix to Mammoth. I needed to stop at Kingman. I keep the map on the touchscreen dialed way out to see Supercharger occupancy as I travel. When I left Wickenburg, the Kingman Supercharger pin was visible, but the occupancy data were not. All the other Superchargers that appeared on the screen showed occupancy.

I telephoned Tesla to inquire. It took a lot of explaining to the agent, but he finally determined that Kingman was "offline," (whatever that means). He said that he could tell that someone was charging during our conversation.

I arrived about 3 hours later with the occupancy data still not available, and I was able to charge. It appeared briefly on the touchscreen after I departed for Vegas, but soon disappeared.

I do not understand these things. But I suggest calling Tesla support to express dismay and concern, especially in light of the recent problems we have observed with stations being down or with reduced power.

To this uneducated soul, things like this are just too bizarre. How can one thing work (Supercharging) and another thing (usage) not work? We need to be able to rely on this information in order to travel with ease or else be able to make alternate arrangements.

Reactions: bmah
I do not understand these things. But I suggest calling Tesla support to express dismay and concern, especially in light of the recent problems we have observed with stations being down or with reduced power.

To this uneducated soul, things like this are just too bizarre. How can one thing work (Supercharging) and another thing (usage) not work? We need to be able to rely on this information in order to travel with ease or else be able to make alternate arrangements.

Your point is well taken. I probably should have called while actually on my drive, but maybe better late than never.

Bruce.

Gustine was busy but not full this afternoon when I stopped in for a short charge, heading home from Fresno. 1-2 open stalls the whole time I was here. All stalls appeared available and charging at my stall was nominal.

I pulled in next to an apparently-identical Model S, also with the uncommon configuration of a nose cone, silver paint, body color roof, gray interior, and the original base 19" wheels (none of which are available anymore). Upon closer inspection the other car was a P85D with piano black decor, next to my 85D with glossy obeche decor. Both sporting a coat of bugs on the front end (that time of year again in the San Joaquin Valley!).

IMG_3212.jpeg

Bruce.

Gustine was busy but not full this afternoon when I stopped in for a short charge, heading home from Fresno. 1-2 open stalls the whole time I was here. All stalls appeared available and charging at my stall was nominal.

I pulled in next to an apparently-identical Model S, also with the uncommon configuration of a nose cone, silver paint, body color roof, gray interior, and the original base 19" wheels (none of which are available anymore). Upon closer inspection the other car was a P85D with piano black decor, next to my 85D with glossy obeche decor. Both sporting a coat of bugs on the front end (that time of year again in the San Joaquin Valley!).

View attachment 401860

Bruce.
Those classics sure look nice. They don't make them like they used to.

Yeah no kidding, look at the bumper of both of the cars
One doesn’t line up with the fender
The other doesn’t line up with the hood
Savage, yet accurate. :eek:

Personally, I was trying to figure out how the blue Model 3 and red Model 3 were both connected to the same supercharger pylon. Then I noticed the separate concrete bases and realized it was a perspective thing.

Yeah no kidding, look at the bumper of both of the cars
One doesn’t line up with the fender
The other doesn’t line up with the hood

All due respect but I'm glad you weren't around when I took delivery. :D

Savage, yet accurate. :eek:

Personally, I was trying to figure out how the blue Model 3 and red Model 3 were both connected to the same supercharger pylon. Then I noticed the separate concrete bases and realized it was a perspective thing.

Yeah at that angle, one pedestal/pylon is hidden behind another. I've never figured out why there's a head-in stall at Gustine (where the blue Model 3 is)...it's not like you could use it towing a trailer because the trailer would block the aisle.

Bruce.