Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton Township, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I walked from the supercharger to Lowes. Was about a 10 minute walk at a relaxed pace. Using the Google Maps (classic) measurement tool the path I took is about 0.46 miles from the SC to Lowes... and Lowes is the furthest store in the complex from the SC. So pretty much everything there is within a 10 minute walk.

I think we should encourage out-of-staters to use 295 instead of the Turnpike when traveling south from here. No tolls, less traffic, and no mind numbing sections of straight road. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the word out to our fellow S owners?

I think we should encourage out-of-staters to use 295 instead of the Turnpike when traveling south from here. No tolls, less traffic, and no mind numbing sections of straight road. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the word out to our fellow S owners?

I am coming this way on Saturday, thanks for the tip.
Post on a sign on the supercharger sign? :)

I'm thinking of adding the words "ONLY" to the supercharger signs after two stops in Greenwich, CT this past weekend :) :)

I'm glad the info was useful EdA. Perhaps you can share that with other travelers as you make your way down the East Coast. Maybe that is the solution - each of us who stop in Hamilton, Newark DE, JFK, etc, spread the word about using 295 instead of 95.

I am coming this way on Saturday, thanks for the tip.
Post on a sign on the supercharger sign? :)

I'm thinking of adding the words "ONLY" to the supercharger signs after two stops in Greenwich, CT this past weekend :) :)

I'll agree about tolls and mind numbing straight road but on the traffic part I'd say that that stretch of the turnpike has much less traffic than that stretch of 295.

Yeah, 295 is horrible at peak times. Turnpike is much more manageable over 295 if it's anywhere near morning or evening rush hours (6AM-10AM, 2PM-7PM). I still tend to take 295 myself, since the tolls do add up if you commute. But for a one off, just take the turnpike. Although keep in mind there is currently some construction (road widening project) on parts of the turnpike right now.

I'm one of those who was in your neck of the woods last week. So many mind numbing sections of toll roads in the east. Now in Georgia...

Well I just learned something. I only travel that way and weekends, and have found 295 to be much better. And just like anything, as more people know about it, the more congested it gets.

Yeah, 295 is horrible at peak times. Turnpike is much more manageable over 295 if it's anywhere near morning or evening rush hours (6AM-10AM, 2PM-7PM). I still tend to take 295 myself, since the tolls do add up if you commute. But for a one off, just take the turnpike. Although keep in mind there is currently some construction (road widening project) on parts of the turnpike right now.

uh i would completely avoid 295 during weekday rush hour. as soon as you hit rt73 it's a parking lot on 295 from there all the way past I76. NJT will get you south MUCH faster than 295 during that period.

uh i would completely avoid 295 during weekday rush hour. as soon as you hit rt73 it's a parking lot on 295 from there all the way past I76. NJT will get you south MUCH faster than 295 during that period.

^ this.

I use 295 every day, and even around 2:30PM it starts to back up miles before the bottleneck at I-76/NJ42. Much later than that and you might as well just wait to go through there until after 6:30.

Hamilton ICE'd tonight...this side of store is poorly lit - maybe this person was oblivious...or just didn't care
21dec14 Hamilton NJ.png