Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove 20 minutes down to Hamilton, TX yesterday evening. The town is small, so it was fairly easy to find the supercharger location. The area is being prepared for construction to start.

It has been a week since tesla updated its map with this new location. So, let's see how long it takes for "reliable/source of truth" supercharge.info to add this location to its map!
Thank you so much for sharing this great news. I really appreciate it. This supercharger will help people like me to avoid I-35 traffic. Looking forward to having more info about it.

Drove 20 minutes down to Hamilton, TX yesterday evening. The town is small, so it was fairly easy to find the supercharger location. The area is being prepared for construction to start.

It has been a week since tesla updated its map with this new location. So, let's see how long it takes for "reliable/source of truth" supercharge.info to add this location to its map!
Mind sharing which location that is?

Or the business it is located at?

Reactions: brkaus
I may take a trip up there to see if I can get pictures if @Roohi didn't get any, but according the Tesla map, its right in the middle of the traffic light at Main & 281, so I'm pretty sure the location isn't accurate. Maybe its at somewhere like Bush's Chicken just north of the square or Allsups just south :cool:
Any construction must be recent though, I was driving through two weeks ago and saw nothing obvious to suggest it was already in progress.
Nothing has shown up on TDLR yet either.

However, while I was looking on that site, I saw a new service center for Austin. Added a new thread in the Texas forum. 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl

Did you happen to take any pictures? If so, please post them.

The very moment there is verifiable proof of said construction happening, or permits issued, by any of the followers of this forum, or the various other social media outlets that the dozens of folks participating on this forum follow, supercharge.info will be updated to reflect it (or at least within an hour or two after the maintainers are tagged with the proof). At which point progress will be closely monitored on this forum, again, by dozens of participants that scour the net and the physical site for progress. Probably within hours of the site going live it will be reflected on supercharge.info, while tesla.com/findus will likely take 2-3 days to reflect the change in status.

This all works because of the community here, including yourself. Since you physically visited the site and (sort of) documented the progress, you have participated in updating the status here. Now, it would have been nice to grab a photo or two as evidence of the construction commencing (or being prepped) as the standard or proof is reasonably high, but this forum and supercharge.info represent probably the best live status you're going to find. It certainly won't be the FindUs page which is only updated once a quarter for coming soon locations, and only a few days after each site goes live.

Reactions: Big Earl
Not sure it means anything, but there are no permits for entire county of Hamilton for 2022, the last was Aug 2021.
Usually, construction isn't far behind a TDLR permit. I know there are some exceptions, but the 4 banger at the Lubbock Service Center and the one in Clyde were in construction within a month or two of the TDLR permit. I don't know of any sites going up without being listed on TDLR first. Not saying there aren't any, just that I don't know of any.

I just saw this location come up as possible site and got a bit excited. I go to Waco/Temple a lot... have some clients out there and this one will make that trip much more manageable. Right now, with the elevation differences, on my way back, I have to go the long way back and hit the Cisco SC whereas the Hamilton one would allow me to drive direct both ways on TX-36. It isn't a great road but still faster than going farther up north and hitting I-20. Also gives another option for going to Austin if I don't want to go through Llano.

It really is starting to look like Tesla is trying to create a more direct path for going from the Panhandle (Amarillo/Lubbock/Midland area) to Austin/San Antonio without having to detour through D/FW. This also just happens to work well for people in my area too as we'll be able to reach some of those I-35 cities easier.

[EDIT] Just noticed after this post that Temple is now listed as coming soon as well with estimated Q1-2023. While I'll assume thats in "Tesla Time"... I bet that one is more solid. Most likely going in at the Buc-ees there. Most Texas Buc-ees are getting superchargers. I don't see an entry on TMC yet for it so I'll go ahead and create it.

Last edited:
I’m confused. Has construction started and been confirmed? Or not?
I'm not sure.
@Roohi posted the he found the location and that the area was being prepped for construction, but hasn't posted anything since then.
I wonder if "prepping for construction" would have a permit recorded - but TDLR has no record of anything in Hamilton or the county for this year.
Also, the dot on the Tesla site is still right in the middle of the main traffic light in town. So I'm not sure how we can be sure.
Lack of accurate location and no permits kinda leans towards no construction.

I'm not sure.
@Roohi posted the he found the location and that the area was being prepped for construction, but hasn't posted anything since then.
I wonder if "prepping for construction" would have a permit recorded - but TDLR has no record of anything in Hamilton or the county for this year.
Also, the dot on the Tesla site is still right in the middle of the main traffic light in town. So I'm not sure how we can be sure.
Lack of accurate location and no permits kinda leans towards no construction.
The dot will be at the center of the city name on the map until it actually opens (or a few weeks after it opens). No real indication of the actual location. Also hard to tell if a construction site is a supercharger unless there are labeled containers there.

Still no sign of a permit in the entire county of Hamilton for 2022.
Even so, I'll be driving through in two weeks anyway so I'll try grabbing lunch there and explore to see if I can see I can find an "area being prepared for construction".

As suspected. The dot marked by the find us site is just the main traffic light in the town square. No sign of any SC construction at all.
The leaked address is for a Brookshire Bros supermarket less than a mile away.
I went down there to check it out.
The parking lot was very busy, it’s the only supermarket in town so not unexpected.
While the car dealer next door is renovating their lot so has that dug up, there is no sign of construction on the supermarket site. No flags or any other markings.
If this is the location, then they picked one of the busiest places in a really small town :)
One thing is for certain - it ain’t where the marker currently is!

Sorry @Seyed but still no sign of construction or permit in Hamilton.
I've no clue what @Roohi saw, but it almost certainly wasn't supercharger construction.
The coming soon list still says Q1 2023, so hopefully they will start doing something soon.
I only get up here intermittently, so if anyone else is passing though, check out the Brookshire Bros parking lot. The west side of the lot seems the most likely location, but its still pretty small.

I saw a small update regarding the Hamiliton Supercharger in the North Texas Owners Club Facebook Group. Not sure if the OP of that post is a TMC member but they said they talked to Hamiliton city official, and that official said they know about the Supercharger coming to town and expect early next year. There are still no permits filed with TDLR as of now. They think it will be in Hamilton along US-281.

Here was the FB post (leaving name out for privacy but post can be verified in the North Texas Tesla Owners Club Facebook group) :

1670989308815.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Seyed and Twiglett
I saw a small update regarding the Hamiliton Supercharger in the North Texas Owners Club Facebook Group. Not sure if the OP of that post is a TMC member but they said they talked to Hamiliton city official, and that official said they know about the Supercharger coming to town and expect early next year. There are still no permits filed with TDLR as of now. They think it will be in Hamilton along US-281.

Here was the FB post (leaving name out for privacy but post can be verified in the North Texas Tesla Owners Club Facebook group) :

View attachment 884778
I for one hope Tesla follows through on placing a Supercharger in Hamilton. I travel the Fort Worth to Austin route via Highway 281 fairly often to avoid the boredom interspersed with crazy drivers along I-35. While I can easily make this trip in my Model Y without any gnashing of teeth form of range anxiety, a stop in Hamilton would be a nice roughly halfway break. And would allow me to proceed to my destination via 71 vs. 183 out of Lampasas, avoiding Austin traffic almost entirely.

Now, if it's to go along 281, where would it go? 281 through Hamilton is a narrow corridor with homes and businesses clustered tightly together and close to the road. My guess would be either on the northern or southern outskirts of the town vs. in town.

I for one hope Tesla follows through on placing a Supercharger in Hamilton. I travel the Fort Worth to Austin route via Highway 281 fairly often to avoid the boredom interspersed with crazy drivers along I-35. While I can easily make this trip in my Model Y without any gnashing of teeth form of range anxiety, a stop in Hamilton would be a nice roughly halfway break. And would allow me to proceed to my destination via 71 vs. 183 out of Lampasas, avoiding Austin traffic almost entirely.

Now, if it's to go along 281, where would it go? 281 through Hamilton is a narrow corridor with homes and businesses clustered tightly together and close to the road. My guess would be either on the northern or southern outskirts of the town vs. in town.
the last address we had was for the Brookshires about a mile away. Really easy to get to.

Reactions: NoPetrolDream