TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Hartford, CT (HWY 91 exit 33)

Discussion in 'New England' started by MarcoRP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Supercharge Info Editor

#1 MarcoRP, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Supposedly there are 8 Supercharger stalls under construction at the Pride Travel Center Hydrogen Station at 195 Leibert Rd in Hartford, CT. The entire rest stop is presently under construction and will be open “soon” but don’t know when exactly. I saw this on a PlugShare location but there were no photos, but I think there is a good chance that there are Superchargers here. Can anyone local go check this location out?
    Check out PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
    79134943-A1FD-484C-B283-44A2BFFB84A4.jpeg

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. tga

tga Supporting Member

Bummer. I just drove past there this morning. The Hadley Supercharger is located at a Pride station. Sign of things to come?

3. MarcoRP

#3 MarcoRP, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    12 stalls! @BlueShift (Photo by montypython on PlugShare) F86EF155-445B-4CCE-A8AE-734660C18844.jpeg

• Love x 2
  4. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Awesome!! Great find!!

5. eladts

eladts Member

I wonder if the hydrogen station is still there.

6. MarcoRP

It’s in construction.

7. eladts

eladts Member

It looks like CT is very pro-FCEV. Too bad they are much less pro-EV.

• Informative x 1
  8. Nikxice

Nikxice Member

That was an interesting article concerning CT's misguided efforts to promote FCEV's to state consumers. Written by "Gasworld", the H2 slant is quite evident. (From the author, "Auto dealers have largely embraced electric vehicles", LOL!). It's also humorous that Fleming and CARA are playing nice with the storyline. They're likely not dumb enough to believe that a few H2 stations in CT will satisfy the concept of "build it and they will come". CARA currently has zero FCEV sales and availability. They are free to make false promises that manufacturers could someday provide their dealerships with significant numbers of FCEV's to sell. The benefit of such a claim is an FCEV endorsement provides them another talking point to generate more FUD to oppose Tesla's direct sales model.

Except during commuter hours, that Jennings Road exit SC location is pretty easy for on and off I-91. Since it's parallel with the northbound lanes I'm amazed that construction wasn't spotted earlier. One explanation could be that few Tesla drivers ever hang out over in the right lane.;)

• Like x 2
  9. MarcoRP

#9 MarcoRP, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    The PlugShare location was badly named. This place is actually a normal Pride Travel Center, except that it has a H-pump as well. The SCs are located to the left of the gas station which is not open yet. (Photos by user Valentine on PlugShare) E37A47AC-6F27-4AFB-9069-7421D1945D46.jpeg 8D8EB567-7E72-40C3-A7A5-7AB5CA4E844D.jpeg CEADE4ED-8B5E-4595-A724-BC3FB5A67267.jpeg

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  10. yousexy

yousexy Member

I'm loving it. My wife travels between NYC and Boston at least once a month. This will make her very happy.

Kudos to Pride and CT. We need some of that in MA.

11. Go_Ohm

Go_Ohm Member

Hydrogen station opening is being timed to coincide with rollout of Toyota Mirai fuel cell car in New England - should be this Spring 2019.

12. Go_Ohm

Go_Ohm Member

Snow on the Tesla Superchargers. If my hunch is correct, you will also see 2 ABB 50kW DC Fast Chargers appearing just to the north of the Superchargers in the Pride station. Each should have both a ChaDeMo and CCS Combo connector.

• Informative x 2
  13. Go_Ohm

Go_Ohm Member

PrideSupercharger.JPG

14. MarcoRP

Any conduits or other?

15. Go_Ohm

Go_Ohm Member

Looks like more pads to the north, plus a little inside info. ;-)

• Like x 1
  16. Dan_A

Dan_A Member

Yeah, I was looking on Google streetview and saw what looked like a fast charging station sitting ready to install.

17. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

"New England". Thanks to regional credit pooling, they only need to lobby one New England state to subsidize HFCVs and they're covered. Similarly with EVs. Niro EV won't even be in inventory in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine.

18. Go_Ohm

Go_Ohm Member

Only the finest “green hydrogen” will be served here, supplied by Air Liquide from their electrolyzers in Quebec and trucked down I-91 to Hartford.

19. MarcoRP

Oh yeah! I love Quebec air!!!

20. PARNY

PARNY Member

There is a SC in Manchester right off 84 just outside Hartford which is a better location for the NYC to Boston run. This charger is just North of Hartford on 91. Just used the Manchester charger on that trip and it is at the end of an outdoor mall with lots of choices for shopping or eating.