Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hay, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a huge game changer for me, we often do a family trip Sydney to Adelaide to visit family and always stay overnight in Hay. While there is the free NRMA charger, and I would use this if staying overnight, there is always a chance it is broken and having the superchargers as a backup is a big plus and reduce my wifes range anxiety issues!
If you are staying overnight the motel next to where these superchargers are being built has a tesla wall charger.

Reactions: Hairyman and cafz
If you are staying overnight the motel next to where these superchargers are being built has a tesla wall charger.
That is the Bidgee Hotel. They have two of them with decent cable lengths. Free for guests and they will allow non-guests to charge if there is a free DC and you pay. Recently we were there and the NRMA charger was misbehaving. Stopping the charge after 20-30mins. Happened to us and another guy, on a couple of different days. So having the motel is a relief.

That is the Bidgee Hotel. They have two of them with decent cable lengths. Free for guests and they will allow non-guests to charge if there is a free DC and you pay. Recently we were there and the NRMA charger was misbehaving. Stopping the charge after 20-30mins. Happened to us and another guy, on a couple of different days. So having the motel is a relief.
Just dont stay there, pay for the charging and run away... fast

• Funny
Reactions: Epping2023
Back to the original topic- any news on progress with this? Presumably the ball is in Tesla's court given the agreement from Council? The 72 Lachlan St location is excellent. Lots of space and not very busy car-park and right on the main route. I reported the misbehaving NRMA charger but only received a "ho-hum" response. Having even 3 Superchargers would be great- 6 awesome and a fair bit of future proofing as well.

Back to the original topic- any news on progress with this? Presumably the ball is in Tesla's court given the agreement from Council? The 72 Lachlan St location is excellent. Lots of space and not very busy car-park and right on the main route. I reported the misbehaving NRMA charger but only received a "ho-hum" response. Having even 3 Superchargers would be great- 6 awesome and a fair bit of future proofing as well.
Two people checked into the NRMA charger 11/5 and didn't report any issues so I would assume it is working. I agree that superchargers are needed and not just in Hay, the nsw/vic corridor to SA is pretty good, the north corridor not so good, having to rely on Chargefox/NRMA.

Reactions: Epping2023
There have also been 4 complimentary AC chargers added to the council parking lot with the NRMA charger in the last couple of weeks,
Screenshot_20230620-021059.png