Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hollister, CA (Casa De Fruta, LIVE 12 Mar 2018, 20 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Casa de Fruta Superstation

I stopped by there on 20171218 in the afternoon and took an image. I found there was already a listing on plugshare
PlugShare Web v2
but it had the wrong address, pushpin in the wrong place, and the uploaded image is upside-down.
I corrected some of that, but I agree, Hollister Supercharger is confusing.

So I created
PlugShare Web v2
named Casa de Fruta Supercharger, with an address maps will find, and uploaded the image I took.
The EVSE is still not powered on (see the yellow tape on the EVSE). The worker at the nearby Roady's Casa De Diesel
https://roadys.com/location_details.php?id=19
(their page has lat-long coordinates)
said the Tesla inspector was to come on on that day. So the inspection (red-tape) process is making progress slow.

evdl.org/archive
{brucedp.neocities.org}

Casa de Fruta Superstation

I stopped by there on 20171218 in the afternoon and took an image. I found there was already a listing on plugshare
PlugShare Web v2
but it had the wrong address, pushpin in the wrong place, and the uploaded image is upside-down.
I corrected some of that, but I agree, Hollister Supercharger is confusing.

So I created
PlugShare Web v2
named Casa de Fruta Supercharger, with an address maps will find, and uploaded the image I took.
The EVSE is still not powered on (see the yellow tape on the EVSE). The worker at the nearby Roady's Casa De Diesel
https://roadys.com/location_details.php?id=19
(their page has lat-long coordinates)
said the Tesla inspector was to come on on that day. So the inspection (red-tape) process is making progress slow.

evdl.org/archive
{brucedp.neocities.org}

You don't need to worry about adding superchargers to Plugshare! Plugshare gets Tesla charger info (both superchargers and destination chargers) as a feed direct from Tesla and details are automatically updated. You may have noticed that when you add a Plugshare site, Tesla supercharger isn't one of the options - this is the reason. (Tesla HPWC is listed as an option because people may choose to add their own HPWC on to Plugshare but not be an official destination charger)

This is the upside down photo reedited
IMG_8734.jpg

My wife and I drove to the Seaside Service Center today to have our Model 3 cleaned up and to check on the fact that we had zero phone connections.

We stopped by this Supercharger installation around 3PM this afternoon. Still no transformer, and the cables were securely attached to the frame with yellow CAUTION/CUIDADO tape.

I think that this particular location ought to be known officially as Casa de Tesla or Casa de Supercharger. This is consistent with the theme that pervades this roadside stop. Moreover, it reflects the occasional whimsy that Elon Musk likes to promote. In fact, I think someone ought to contact Elon Musk via his feed and suggest it. :cool:

What say ye?

My wife and I drove to the Seaside Service Center today to have our Model 3 cleaned up and to check on the fact that we had zero phone connections.

We stopped by this Supercharger installation around 3PM this afternoon. Still no transformer, and the cables were securely attached to the frame with yellow CAUTION/CUIDADO tape.

I think that this particular location ought to be known officially as Casa de Tesla or Casa de Supercharger. This is consistent with the theme that pervades this roadside stop. Moreover, it reflects the occasional whimsy that Elon Musk likes to promote. In fact, I think someone ought to contact Elon Musk via his feed and suggest it. :cool:

What say ye?

100% agree! I’ve driven by Casa de for a long time and it would be a shame if this was not Casa de Supercharger.

Seems like a strange location with Gilroy and Gustine so close on this east/west road.

You could probably add Gustine too...though that one is impractical enough for 152 travelers to the point that its mostly only an option for travelers passing by that site on the 5.

Anyway, close poximity of sites will happen more with the buildout as more entities are interested in hosting a sc for their own benefit, and as more existing sites run out of what those site owners perceive as practical expansion space. San Mateo is an obvious example of that...Tejon will be as well once they fill that kind of triangular parking area.

This may be a stretch, but on top of that some existing locations may also be earmarking some of their practical EV charging space for the VW network, which could also limit tesla expansion opportunities.

But any way you spin it, something like Casa are Fruta it good for users as it gives us more trip planning options and more passing-charge-time options.

Reactions: Ulmo and ACA Man