Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Honolulu, HI - Kahala Resort (12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything regarding the likely valet only parking situation?
I don't understand your "likely valet only parking situation" question. Sorry. We don't know any newer than what the sign on Post 15 of this thread says. If you scroll back and look you will see that their sign says 4 hours free with validation. So, a Supercharging session would be well under that 4 hours, - it there's little or no wait. You can see a note at the bottom of the sign, "Outlet purchase required for validation". Outlet = store if not clear. We did hear validation was min of $25 purchase.
Visit though is same cost/charge be Self or Valet parking.
And still the charge for those without FUSC.

We can hope after opening or maybe after its been open a while, Kahala Mgt will reconsider charging for parking or visiting the Superchargers.

I don't understand your "likely valet only parking situation" question. Sorry. We don't know any newer than what the sign on Post 15 of this thread says. If you scroll back and look you will see that their sign says 4 hours free with validation. So, a Supercharging session would be well under that 4 hours, - it there's little or no wait. You can see a note at the bottom of the sign, "Outlet purchase required for validation". Outlet = store if not clear. We did hear validation was min of $25 purchase.
Visit though is same cost/charge be Self or Valet parking.
And still the charge for those without FUSC.

We can hope after opening or maybe after its been open a while, Kahala Mgt will reconsider charging for parking or visiting the Superchargers.
I am asking about whether it will be valet only. It was mentioned in multiple posts that the top level of the garage is valet only and no access from the self park area. I am not asking about validating or cost. If you know that it will be active on a specific date, it seems like knowing whether it is valet only would be part of that discussion. Just looking for more clarity if it is available.

I am asking about whether it will be valet only. It was mentioned in multiple posts that the top level of the garage is valet only and no access from the self park area. I am not asking about validating or cost. If you know that it will be active on a specific date, it seems like knowing whether it is valet only would be part of that discussion. Just looking for more clarity if it is available.
That's still a big question. We'll have to wait until next week to find out how it will work. Will be limiting use for sure if has to go through valet station and not self parking.

Personally, I don’t think valet is that big of a deal if you have to go inside and make a purchase in order to get your parking validated. Letting a valet handle it gives a few more minutes for a beer, a meal or whatever. Tip a buck or two and peace out.

Or go somewhere else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My guess is they’ll get tired of doing it and allow Teslas to self park. Marina Del Rey in California tried the valet nonsense and gave up after only a few days.

That is, of course, if they try to make it valet-only. They might not and this whole conversation could be moot.

Reactions: nanimac and Mrbrock
i just noticed that this supercharger station shows up when I did a search. Did it go online? Would someone like to check it out? But, in the description, it says valet.
IMG_6334.jpeg

I don't know why you'd pay $50 for an entire day when you can pay $6 for twenty minutes.
That visitor fee is new(er) I think. No one has posted the rates for visitors. There was a validation line where parking would be free but nothing about a visitor fee. So rough math, $0.30/min and at 125kw avg over a 30 minute charge session thats $9+62.5*$0.51=$40.25. But should be quite easy to spend enough to validate an hourlong parking fee ($18).

From what I was told from the hotel, only the valet ppl has access to the chargers (they will plugin/unplug), so you'll need to valet ($50). Can't self-park and get access to the chargers. So $50 on top of the charge ($.51/kw). At least no idle fee since the valet won't be monitoring.

I'm not sure if I want to drive there to verify. Someone on a local tesla page called the hotel and that's what they said (valet will unplug/plug in your vehicle).

Near as I can see, that is the most expensive supercharger in America, possibly the world. I cannot imagine any non-guests making use of this location if it is valet-only, and I have to really wonder why there are 12 stalls.

My conclusion is that this is simply not really a public charger, and it probably has no government funding - or it does, and offering it only via valet services is some sort of legal loophole for accessibility. My opinion at this point is that it is basically a vanity project for the resort. Yes, perhaps there is some sort of fleet coming, but still, 12 SC stalls?

Near as I can see, that is the most expensive supercharger in America, possibly the world. I cannot imagine any non-guests making use of this location if it is valet-only, and I have to really wonder why there are 12 stalls.

My conclusion is that this is simply not really a public charger, and it probably has no government funding - or it does, and offering it only via valet services is some sort of legal loophole for accessibility. My opinion at this point is that it is basically a vanity project for the resort. Yes, perhaps there is some sort of fleet coming, but still, 12 SC stalls?

It's right up there with the New York City valet Superchargers. W 75th Street, for example, is $35 entry fee for earlybird parking (least expensive option). It goes up from there, with the minimum daytime fee being $39 for 30 minutes and $49 for an hour in the evening. Kahala at least offers validation if you spend money inside - like enjoying lunch while you charge.

This certainly isn't going to serve the charging needs of the general public. However, it does support travelers who are looking for a boutique experience. Tesla rentals are very popular, and this gives people a chance to recharge and explore the resort instead of waiting for hours at the other Supercharger.

Reactions: nanimac and treldib
From what I was told from the hotel, only the valet ppl has access to the chargers (they will plugin/unplug), so you'll need to valet ($50). Can't self-park and get access to the chargers. So $50 on top of the charge ($.51/kw). At least no idle fee since the valet won't be monitoring.

I'm not sure if I want to drive there to verify. Someone on a local tesla page called the hotel and that's what they said (valet will unplug/plug in your vehicle).
So the valet is a flat $50 fee? The way the wording on the website reads (posted above), the $50 fee is for hotel guests only (overnight). Guests are charged the $6/20min unless you spend $50 to validate.