Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Honolulu, HI - Kahala Resort (12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you are correct. Kahala Hotel is a very nice place. One of these days (soon we hope), talking about Aiea is going to get confusing. The Superchargers (6 spaces) are outside one of the main door of the closed Sears (Downtown) at a very large shopping center called Pearl Ridge. Pearl Ridge is so large, its divided into to parts, referred to as Pearlridge Uptown and Pearlridge Downtown. Since before the Downtown 6 space SC was opened, work has been underway at a 12 space Supercharger at Uptown in the parking lot as well. Work was/is delayed waiting on new power transformer. When it does finally go live, it will double the capacity compared to the current 6. What we don't know is if, the 6 space SC will be closed or continue to operate roughly 1/3-1/2 mile from the 12 space SC. Both are still in Aiea, and will likely cause some confusing if 6 is closed after 12 opens. And will frustrate all if we lose 6 we so desperately need/use.

Interesting! Do you have any information on this new Pearlridge Uptown site? A permit, county board meeting minutes or some other indication that this project is coming soon? If there's something conclusive, I'll add it to supercharge.info

Thanks!

Interesting! Do you have any information on this new Pearlridge Uptown site? A permit, county board meeting minutes or some other indication that this project is coming soon? If there's something conclusive, I'll add it to supercharge.info

Thanks!
Shucks. (At me, not you). We had a thread here in the Hawaii section on that new location. And someone had informed us of it by posting a link to the Honolulu Permit request for it. I can't find the thread after quickly browsing though 6 pages. But its here. Someone will find it and help me sooner or later. Sorry, I didn't see it right away.

It's this one: Supercharger - Aiea, HI (6 stalls)
To clear things up a bit: the permit lists 12 charging stalls at the location mentioned by @Akikiki . The permit is still stuck in "plans review in progress" for the past few years, even though all the listed review departments have signed off.

Since the 6-stall station launched in nearly the same location as the original permit, I think many of us (myself included) assumed the 6-charger station was just a variation of the 12-charger station. But perhaps they still are separate projects and the 12-charger station will still get built in the future...

It's this one: Supercharger - Aiea, HI (6 stalls)
To clear things up a bit: the permit lists 12 charging stalls at the location mentioned by @Akikiki . The permit is still stuck in "plans review in progress" for the past few years, even though all the listed review departments have signed off.

Since the 6-stall station launched in nearly the same location as the original permit, I think many of us (myself included) assumed the 6-charger station was just a variation of the 12-charger station. But perhaps they still are separate projects and the 12-charger station will still get built in the future...
6-stall station is temporary and didn't require a permit since just tapped into existing electrical so that's why no one knew about it. Permanent site is located on the other side of the mall and progress has been stalled with HECO and installing a new transformer. It's literally been 3 years, but that's Hawaii for you, building anything here is a ridiculously long process, and the utility is just as bad as the state is. It will be interesting to see if temp site stays up if permanent site finally opens OR if a new tenant takes the old sears space and needs all that power back.

We have a transformer now. 1.5Meg. 12 stalls all v3.
Nothing has changed since February, 4 months ago. They have been sitting on this. Still no power. You can thank HECO and the hotel for the holdup. Probably be another year at this rate.

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    823.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_4820.jpeg
    IMG_4820.jpeg
    603.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4821.jpeg
    IMG_4821.jpeg
    608.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4822.jpeg
    IMG_4822.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4823.jpeg
    IMG_4823.jpeg
    589.9 KB · Views: 209
It's been a YEAR since this supercharger was installed, yet no movement as of today. Is the hotel is refusing to work with tesla now and holding them hostage? Is this some kind of anti-EV hate situation? Are the people in charge really this lazy? Ignorant? Self serving? Who is to blame, and how can they be held accountable?

Attachments

• IMG_6796.jpeg
    IMG_6796.jpeg
    552.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6797.jpeg
    IMG_6797.jpeg
    673.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6798.jpeg
    IMG_6798.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 134
It's been a YEAR since this supercharger was installed, yet no movement as of today. Is the hotel is refusing to work with tesla now and holding them hostage? Is this some kind of anti-EV hate situation? Are the people in charge really this lazy? Ignorant? Self serving? Who is to blame, and how can they be held accountable?
I heard HECO is the hold-up.

You HEARD? That's totally non-productive, like what's going on with this station.

What specifically do you know? Who at HECO, it's a big company? Are u following up on this?

Or are you just typing useless text for no reason?
Instead of getting mad on the internet, you could do some leg work and try to find out what's going on. Make some calls to HECO, send a FOIA request to the town, inquire with the hotel, etc.

You HEARD? That's totally non-productive, like what's going on with this station.

What specifically do you know? Who at HECO, it's a big company? Are u following up on this?

Or are you just typing useless text for no reason?
I HEARD FROM TESLA. Is that better? I am in contact with Tesla corporate people on this. Please try to be an adult next time you reply back.