Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudsonville, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
La Conner, WA
@Boilermaker in Zeeland sent me a text message with what looks to be an 8 or 10 stall (not sure based on the pic) Supercharger under construction at the Meijer in Hudsonville, MI. @Chuq

4075 32nd Avenue
Hudsonville, MI 49426

09107527-A799-406F-B892-FA16CD4F8FCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool and good location. It’ll make rolling the dice on skipping St Joe coming back to GR a little easier with this as a backup option.

I was wondering when this was going to open. A contractor that gave me a quote last year to install my home charger said they were bidding on a supercharger job at the Hudsonville Meijer.

It really makes you wonder why? Why spend more money later to upgrade this to V3 instead of building it right the first time????

I expect V3 to be installed in strategic locations out on the open road. V2 is great for supporting the metropolitan suburbs. You’re implying that there’s something wrong with V2, which there isn’t. 145 kW is already so fast that you’ll have to rush your shopping trip if you’re in Meijer.

Reactions: Thp3 and outdoors
I expect V3 to be installed in strategic locations out on the open road. V2 is great for supporting the metropolitan suburbs. You’re implying that there’s something wrong with V2, which there isn’t. 145 kW is already so fast that you’ll have to rush your shopping trip if you’re in Meijer.

Oh I agree, I haven’t experienced 145kw yet, but find the 119kw great in most situations. The implication wasn’t that there is anything wrong with v2, but why have to go back and upgrade to V3 when you can just get it right the first time?

But having said that, quicker speeds everywhere would alleviate supercharger congestion (now or in the future) by getting cars in and out quicker. And believe me I traveled from MI to FL and supercharger congestion is real.

Unless there is some huge cost difference I just don’t know why you wouldn’t put V3 in from the start with a new location.

And to someone traveling north or south a stop in Hudsonville is their “open road”. It’s not locals that use superchargers at grocery stores. Unless your power has been out for multiple days at home!

Visited again today while grocery shopping. There are three cabinets on site now. Counting the amount of “stations” they have conduits and formed for concrete I am counting 9 locations. After getting a supercharger lesson from @Big Earl I relooked at the the site and still saw only nine forms but at one end it looks excavated out for a possible additional pull in site, but no forms are present.

Getting a bit of snow today!

BF97D9BC-0C1E-4D8D-A662-3BFDED6316FC.jpeg

EA546E2D-FAFB-4C16-AE62-41A270F0B1BF.jpeg

F0916D1A-4ECB-4FF5-8261-7AFAFBF5DD1A.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9