Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis, IN - East 86th Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they are pumping water out of the hole they dug before continuing.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpeg
    IMG_0949.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0948.jpeg
    IMG_0948.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Guacahummus
It will be interesting to see how this site works out. I've been to others where this type of back-to-back stall setup and have seen people get confused about which pedestal to plug into. The pedestals have lighted logos on both sides, so no obvious front and back. Some people end up using the pedestal from the wrong side and then end up with some where a stall is open, but can't really get in a position to connect. That may get worse as other manufacturers start using the Tesla NACS connector if the charging receptacle is not in the same driver rear side location.

Reactions: Jon Indy
Walked by it today. Here's to hoping they'll put a roof over it with solar. But I see no evidence of that.

As for the location, it's near many apartment complexes where people are unlikely to have a home charging unit. So I suspect Tesla believes people in this location would be more likely to buy a Tesla if they had access to a nearby Supercharger.

Also, located on 86th street a VERY busy east-west road in North Indy and very near Meridian street, a major north-south street. So it is a good location in many respects.

North Indy is a Tesla hot-spot. Teslas are everywhere here and the Tesla showroom is not too far from this location. That showroom once confirmed to me that they are one of the busiest showrooms in the midwest.

Walked by it today. Here's to hoping they'll put a roof over it with solar. But I see no evidence of that.

As for the location, it's near many apartment complexes where people are unlikely to have a home charging unit. So I suspect Tesla believes people in this location would be more likely to buy a Tesla if they had access to a nearby Supercharger.

Also, located on 86th street a VERY busy east-west road in North Indy and very near Meridian street, a major north-south street. So it is a good location in many respects.

North Indy is a Tesla hot-spot. Teslas are everywhere here and the Tesla showroom is not too far from this location. That showroom once confirmed to me that they are one of the busiest showrooms in the midwest.
The MANY new apartments are sec 8. Just one of the reasons crime has shot through the roof in this location.

The MANY new apartments are sec 8. Just one of the reasons crime has shot through the roof in this location.
  • What does this have to do with the new Tesla Supercharger at this location?
  • One of the most affluent shopping areas in all of Indianapolis is the Fashion Mall at Keystone for which the current closest supercharger location is 6.7 miles away. This new North Indy location is just 1.9 miles away from the Fashion Mall.
  • I compared the poverty rate at this zip code to that of Speedway. Speedway has a higher poverty rate, a higher crime index rate, and a lower median household income.
  • Your assertion that sec 8 housing increases crime is a myth. See: https://furmancenter.org/files/publications/FurmanCenter-HousingVoucherUseCrime.pdf
  • So Speedway currently has a supercharger. That's great! I happy for Speedway. But why do you feel the need to disparage the North Indy location? Esp. when your crime fears are not factually founded? Regardless, if you are scared of the crime rate in North Indy, then don't charge your car there, or shop at the Target right there while you wait, or shop at the Whole Foods right there while you wait, or take a walk on the Monon Trail right there while you wait. For more details on the shopping plaza, see: Kite Realty - Nora Plaza

• One of the most affluent shopping areas in all of Indianapolis is the Fashion Mall at Keystone for which the current closest supercharger location is 6.7 miles away. This new North Indy location is just 1.9 miles away from the Fashion Mall.
  • I compared the poverty rate at this zip code to that of Speedway. Speedway has a higher poverty rate, a higher crime index rate, and a lower median household income.
  • Your assertion that sec 8 housing increases crime is a myth. See: https://furmancenter.org/files/publications/FurmanCenter-HousingVoucherUseCrime.pdf
  • So Speedway currently has a supercharger. That's great! I happy for Speedway. But why do you feel the need to disparage the North Indy location? Esp. when your crime fears are not factually founded? Regardless, if you are scared of the crime rate in North Indy, then don't charge your car there, or shop at the Target right there while you wait, or shop at the Whole Foods right there while you wait, or take a walk on the Monon Trail right there while you wait. For more details on the shopping plaza, see: Kite Realty - Nora Plaza
#Beware of Nora. People should know what travels THROUGH this area daily. The kids robbing in these parking lots sadly to impress each other. #JustTodaysNews These kids ROB SHOOT AND KILL In this area! THAT part of the moron trail is ONE of the most crime ridden parts of Indy. Carrying a gun to these kids is obviously not enough “clout” when out robbing. They are now showing off MACHINE GUNS.

Getting very close. Fencing is down and one of the two meters is placed. Not sure if the placed meter is for the superchargers or the two non-Tesla chargers on the end.

Attachments

• IMG_9050.jpeg
    IMG_9050.jpeg
    426.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9049.jpeg
    IMG_9049.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9048.jpeg
    IMG_9048.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 50
The chargers are in, and as of yesterday 9/13/23 they have not opened. This is going to be hugely popular and excellent news for the Nora Shopping Center which is being refurbished. If you go, don't miss Bagel Fair for the best bagels -- in business for decades and family owned.

I can say I have never seen one of these before. Congratulations Tesla taking this to the next level. View attachment 974337
I have seen stalls marked for handicap access at multiple supercharger locations over the past 7 years. I think at times one being marked may get into local ordinances around the ratio of marked spots to the total number and whether marking one is necessary for the site to remain compliance.
I do know this causes some confusion over whether it is OK to use the stall to charge if all the others are already occupied. What the actual laws are around that likely go back to needing to know the local traffic laws related to these types of spots, which many may not know, especially outside their home area. Hence the cause of confusion.

I have seen stalls marked for handicap access at multiple supercharger locations over the past 7 years. I think at times one being marked may get into local ordinances around the ratio of marked spots to the total number and whether marking one is necessary for the site to remain compliance.
I do know this causes some confusion over whether it is OK to use the stall to charge if all the others are already occupied. What the actual laws are around that likely go back to needing to know the local traffic laws related to these types of spots, which many may not know, especially outside their home area. Hence the cause of confusion.
It’s the grip that I find unique. I have seen marked spots but not that type handle.

Reactions: PCMc