Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA - Marketplace Dr. (LIVE Jun 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s open!
!!!!
IMG_2294.jpeg

Looks like I was the first one to charge there!

The supercharger shows in the app, but not in the Tesla… I charged 100 miles, and wasn’t charged a penny. I guess their system hasn’t fully updated, so there is free supercharging currently!

EDIT:
Looks like they billed me awhile after I charged. Still interesting how it didn’t show me the price of the session as it was charging 🤔
IMG_0872.jpeg
IMG_0868.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg

Last edited:
I charged 100 miles, and wasn’t charged a penny. I guess their system hasn’t fully updated, so there is free supercharging currently!

EDIT:
Looks like they billed me awhile after I charged. Still interesting how it didn’t show me the price of the session as it was charging 🤔
Yeah, I used to fall for that fake-out, good that you went back and checked, I didn't, just relied on the screen to tell me the truth, but when you charge before they are OFFICIALLY open it'll often act like you are charging for free, but as they, say Elon didn't get rich by writing a lotta checks

Wow, looks like quite a basin, hope the drain doesn't clog in a powerful rainstorm, looks like the cabinets at least are mounted slightly higher, like up on a flood platform in the Keys. Is that big cabinet a battery bank, or just switching equipment? Don't see any Starlink antenna, what happened to the promise of WiFi at all Superchargers that Elon made when they took away lifetime connectivity? Glad I am grandfathered in, but I won't be on the CT
That picture is deceptive. The off-ramp from I-5 it was taken from is raised above all the land around it to get it up to the height of the freeway overpass.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 9.27.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 9.27.38 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
New electrical permits filed at a bunch of SC stations today by Tesla Energy. Remove and replace charge post junction box. That sounds like the switchgear cabinet or are we talking about the V3 cabinets or something inside of them? Wonder if this has to do with either upgrading to V4 or magic docks. None of the prior Magic Dock upgrades showed electrical permits like this if I recall correctly. Anyone else have other thoughts on this as being something other than changing out switchgear cabinets? @Big Earl

Edit: This same activity has been applied for at Forks which already has Magic Docks so I am still curious as to what actual part is being replaced.

1706043125330.png

Last edited:
New electrical permits filed at a bunch of SC stations today by Tesla Energy. Remove and replace charge post junction box. That sounds like the switchgear cabinet or are we talking about the V3 cabinets or something inside of them? Wonder if this has to do with either upgrading to V4 or magic docks. None of the prior Magic Dock upgrades showed electrical permits like this if I recall correctly. Anyone else have other thoughts on this as being something other than changing out switchgear cabinets? @Big Earl

Edit: This same activity has been applied for at Forks which already has Magic Docks so I am still curious as to what actual part is being replaced.

View attachment 1011572

Charge post junction box sounds like the Supercharger cabinet to me.

Charge post junction box sounds like the Supercharger cabinet to me.
So is this suggesting V4 cabinets? Seems odd that (1) they would replace the whole cabinet and (2) call it a "charge post junction box" instead of "supercharger cabinet" since all plans and most permits refer to them as supercharger cabinets. At this point I think I am leaning towards the actual junction box inside the supercharger cabinet as opposed to the whole cabinet but we shall see. Other than a change in specs on the name plate, are there any identifying marks/numbers on the name plate? Like a serial number? I know there is a manufacture date so if we see late 2023 or 2024 then we know its new but just curious of there was anything more specific to each cabinet (I'll check some other threads and hopefully answer my own question). Then we could record now and see if anything changes over the coming weeks.

So is this suggesting V4 cabinets? Seems odd that (1) they would replace the whole cabinet and (2) call it a "charge post junction box" instead of "supercharger cabinet" since all plans and most permits refer to them as supercharger cabinets. At this point I think I am leaning towards the actual junction box inside the supercharger cabinet as opposed to the whole cabinet but we shall see. Other than a change in specs on the name plate, are there any identifying marks/numbers on the name plate? Like a serial number? I know there is a manufacture date so if we see late 2023 or 2024 then we know its new but just curious of there was anything more specific to each cabinet (I'll check some other threads and hopefully answer my own question). Then we could record now and see if anything changes over the coming weeks.
FWIW, I saw reports elsewhere (either on this forum or on PlugShare) that Tesla was retrofitting some v3 sites for upcoming compatibility with other automakers that will begin using these stations with an adapter or native NACS. Maybe they are doing the same thing here?

Reactions: Astrochimp
I don’t think they’re wholesale replacing the cabinets. I think they’re removing them - doing something inside of them - and putting them back. Likely a prerequisite for MagicDocks. I think you’re right that the charging post junction box is a component within the Supercharger cabinet.

I don’t think they’re wholesale replacing the cabinets. I think they’re removing them - doing something inside of them - and putting them back. Likely a prerequisite for MagicDocks. I think you’re right that the charging post junction box is a component within the Supercharger cabinet.
Forks and Moses Lake are on this list and they have Magic Docks already. Also, I think the removing is just of the component inside, not the whole cabinet. It doesn't say remove cabinet and replace junction box but remove and replace junction box, no mention of a cabinet. Will be interesting to see how this happens since they applied for 12 sites at one time. All of which are more rural and completely avoids the Seattle metro area (North Bend is the closest I think).

Here are some other V3 sites not included (non-seattle):
Spokane
Sprague
Pasco
Yakima x2
Tulalip Bay
Rochester
Tumwater
Lacey
Ocean Shores

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Interesting point about this applying to some sites that already have MagicDock. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this is all about.
There was talk a while back about V3 being able to handle higher speed (324kw). I wonder if this is that. About 2 years later.

FWIW, I saw reports elsewhere (either on this forum or on PlugShare) that Tesla was retrofitting some v3 sites for upcoming compatibility with other automakers that will begin using these stations with an adapter or native NACS. Maybe they are doing the same thing here?

Here's the report I saw on Plugshare from a supercharger in El Dorado, KS. Who knows, but might be the same thing here? Upgrading 4 chargers at a time seems to imply something in the supercharger cabinet...

jrklein
Tesla Model S
57 Kilowatts
57kW @ 50% SoC. 12/18 visit 107kW @ 10% SoC. Tesla technician was on site upgrading hardware so that chargers would support manufacturers who signed the Tesla charging agreement. This was NOT a magic dock upgrade. He had already upgraded 4 chargers yesterday, and was upgrading the other 4 chargers this morning. I believe he said Tesla is working to upgrade compatibility of all of their chargers by February 2024. He anticipates Tesla will install a supercharger in Parsons, Kansas in 2025.

Here's the report I saw on Plugshare from a supercharger in El Dorado, KS. Who knows, but might be the same thing here? Upgrading 4 chargers at a time seems to imply something in the supercharger cabinet...

jrklein
Tesla Model S
57 Kilowatts
57kW @ 50% SoC. 12/18 visit 107kW @ 10% SoC. Tesla technician was on site upgrading hardware so that chargers would support manufacturers who signed the Tesla charging agreement. This was NOT a magic dock upgrade. He had already upgraded 4 chargers yesterday, and was upgrading the other 4 chargers this morning. I believe he said Tesla is working to upgrade compatibility of all of their chargers by February 2024. He anticipates Tesla will install a supercharger in Parsons, Kansas in 2025.
That sounds logical. Must need some additional wires or communication to work properly with the NACS to CCS adapters that are coming out.

Reactions: Astrochimp