Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA - Marketplace Dr. (LIVE Jun 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, a 3rd supercharger coming to Burlington, this one in the city near The Home Depot. An electrical permit was filed yesterday with LNI. 16 stalls. Dig site is north side of Best Buy so will be interesting to see which address this actually is.

1677883347660.png

1677883553140.png

Burlington - Marketplace Dr, WA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Burlington Crossings
Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-5

To: Burlington, WA (v2) - 4.5 miles
(To: Burlington - 9400 Old Hwy 99 N, WA (Permit) - 4.5 miles)
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Blaine, WA (v2) - 42.1 miles

Reactions: Metalhead47
This is a great location. Lots of options for food and shopping.

The only downside is the nearest shopping center entrance shares an intersection with Costco, which can get kind of crazy.
All those people in the Costco gas lines looking over and sniffing, "I'D never sit & wait to charge a car..." 🤣

No chance this is related to the rumored Burlington service center?

*zooms in* Oh crap. This one's gonna be dangerous. :oops: Sitting there within site of Crumbl cookies like that...

Is this common? It seems to me that this is the way one would setup a set of stalls that also charge ccs cars.
And Teslas with trailers. 😜. If that’s what this layout ends up being, it’s fairly common in Europe from what I’ve seen on Twitter.

Very curious if this will be a V4/Magic Dock charger, especially with another one going in just a few miles up the highway.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Would 2000A (600A per cabinet) be enough for 16 V4 dispensers?
I’ve seen nothing to suggest that “V4” sites will require any more grid power input than V3 sites. I expect they’ll use nearly identical charging cabinets, with the main difference being the stalls themselves (longer cables and support for 1,000 volts). 2,000 amp main switchgear would be appropriate for a 16-stall site. I expect they’ll install a 1,500 kVA transformer.

Reactions: Metalhead47
I’ve seen nothing to suggest that “V4” sites will require any more grid power input than V3 sites. I expect they’ll use nearly identical charging cabinets, with the main difference being the stalls themselves (longer cables and support for 1,000 volts). 2,000 amp main switchgear would be appropriate for a 16-stall site. I expect they’ll install a 1,500 kVA transformer.
Not if they hope to push a megawatt per dispenser (not that they actually do, just that they've claimed to be capable).

Not if they hope to push a megawatt per dispenser (not that they actually do, just that they've claimed to be capable).
Currently, there are no V4 sites in the US so we won’t know until so gets a picture of an actual V4 charging post. And in all the site plans the show the “alternate post” or V4, they do not list alternate electrical equipment when the alternate post is used. The talk about V4 being 1mw capable is just that, capable. It doesnt mean it will actualmdislemse at 1mw. Just that the cables and cooling are capable of carrying 1mw. This is the same as battery day. Dont jump to conclusions.

View attachment 915891

Lots of progress. It looks to me like there will be 8 pull-in stalls and 8 back-in stalls.

Is this common? It seems to me that this is the way one would setup a set of stalls that also charge ccs cars.

And Teslas with trailers. 😜. If that’s what this layout ends up being, it’s fairly common in Europe from what I’ve seen on Twitter.

Very curious if this will be a V4/Magic Dock charger, especially with another one going in just a few miles up the highway.

Could be pull-through.
Unless they do more trenching, those cutouts aren’t far enough apart for pull through stalls. A parking spot is 9x18 so the chargers would need to be 18 ft apart. This is appears to be as Earlminitialky proposed, 8 pull in on one side and 8 back in on the other. The back in will likely be perpendicular to the spots so these will block the pull in spots from being pull through.

Reactions: Big Earl