Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackman, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It pretty much looked the same two weeks before your visit. Considering the pedestals have been there for over a month and the utility company was working there over three weeks ago, I am a bit surprised the site is not live yet.
Maybe they have to wait for the Chargepoint stuff to be done as well in order to get the electricity turned on?

rps20191019_171155.jpg

I’m in Augusta, ME and Jackman is not showing on the car Nav or on the App. Since the weather is lousy, I’m loathe to drive to Jackman if I’m not certain it’s live since I would then be stuck without enough charge to get to Medway. (My wife is with me and is already not thrilled about going to Jackman since it makes our travel about 3 hours longer than originally planned). I think I may have to leave it for another trip.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I’m in Augusta, ME and Jackman is not showing on the car Nav or on the App. Since the weather is lousy, I’m loathe to drive to Jackman if I’m not certain it’s live since I would then be stuck without enough charge to get to Medway. (My wife is with me and is already not thrilled about going to Jackman since it makes our travel about 3 hours longer than originally planned). I think I may have to leave it for another trip.
Never mind - now it’s showing - it seems to be a bit hit and miss. Doesn’t show any stall status.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver and Tdreamer
Here's a photo from Jackman. As you can see, there are big puddles in front of all the Superchargers. I used the one on the end because that was the only one where we could get out of the car without stepping in a puddle, however there is a big puddle at the back of the car which I had to jump over onto the concrete kerb in order to plug the charger cable in.
IMG_2338.JPG

Neither the car nor our iPhones had any cellular service in Jackman, and it was spotty all the way from Augusta to Jackman and again from Jackman to Medway. As a result, TeslaFi never recorded the charging in Jackman, only picking up the record again when we stopped at the visitors center in Greenville. We used 156 rated miles to cover the 110 miles from Augusta to Jackman with average outside temperature of 48F and fairly steady rain most of the way.

Here's a photo from Jackman. As you can see, there are big puddles in front of all the Superchargers. I used the one on the end because that was the only one where we could get out of the car without stepping in a puddle, however there is a big puddle at the back of the car which I had to jump over onto the concrete kerb in order to plug the charger cable in.
View attachment 469360

Neither the car nor our iPhones had any cellular service in Jackman, and it was spotty all the way from Augusta to Jackman and again from Jackman to Medway. As a result, TeslaFi never recorded the charging in Jackman, only picking up the record again when we stopped at the visitors center in Greenville. We used 156 rated miles to cover the 110 miles from Augusta to Jackman with average outside temperature of 48F and fairly steady rain most of the way.
Avoiding stepping out into a puddle is a good usage case for regular Summon, but to avoid the puddle by the curb you've still got to wait for Tesla to update to the Smart Snake Automatic Superchargers. :)

Glad the chargers ended up working for you.

The puddle problem may be related to the fact the parking spaces are unpaved. With both Tesla and ChargePoint spending money on the site, I wonder why the didn't pave the spaces.