Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wells, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0F9FF6FF-457D-4A5C-8A30-DF163AD370ED.jpeg

Successful charge earlier today.

I don't think that's what that chart shows. It's all the ones currently in a given state, not how long each one was in that state, right? The database may have the necessary info to find how long a given station was in construction status, but it doesn't appear in the "data" tab, and that's as much as I know.

Also the dates there are when they were entered on the site, not necessarily when construction started. Stations are often discovered and entered when almost complete, so the time in construction status on supercharge.info isn't necessarily the actual time it took to construct.

Reactions: kayak1
That was really fast…any idea what the record is for Supercharger construction?
Wells actually wasn't that fast... construction started on or about 2/6/2023 and opened 5/26/2023. There have been some projects using the pre-fab supercharger technique that have opened in about 2 weeks start-to-finish although that's unusual.

Reactions: kayak1
I don't think that's what that chart shows. It's all the ones currently in a given state, not how long each one was in that state, right? The database may have the necessary info to find how long a given station was in construction status, but it doesn't appear in the "data" tab, and that's as much as I know.

Also the dates there are when they were entered on the site, not necessarily when construction started. Stations are often discovered and entered when almost complete, so the time in construction status on supercharge.info isn't necessarily the actual time it took to construct.

You can use the Supercharge.info changes tab to grab a lot of the status changes, but unfortunately they've changed it to use a graphic for the status, which means copy-paste doesn't include the status, making it harder to do a calculation. Probably need to identify the service and download. I've copy-pasted the HTML using browser tools, but not edited and calculated yet.

But more to the point, locations aren't always identified as being under construction as soon as construction begins so while we might see a short time on Supercharge.info, it could be longer.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
You can use the Supercharge.info changes tab to grab a lot of the status changes, but unfortunately they've changed it to use a graphic for the status, which means copy-paste doesn't include the status, making it harder to do a calculation. Probably need to identify the service and download. I've copy-pasted the HTML using browser tools, but not edited and calculated yet.

But more to the point, locations aren't always identified as being under construction as soon as construction begins so while we might see a short time on Supercharge.info, it could be longer.
Thanks for pointing this out - I've relayed this for awareness.

And yes - the date it shows as under construction on supercharge.info is when it's first noticed, and subsequently entered in the database. Sometimes a site is nearly complete when first noticed, and also sometimes there is a delay in someone posting a site under construction and it being brought to the attention of the supercharge.info editors for entry too.

As for this specific site, the date it went under construction was probably within a few days of 2/6 as that's when I contacted the store to see if anything had started - it could have been underway up to a week earlier based on their response.

We have two APIs available for further manipulation of the data, but I think we're going to restore the status text in the changes tab soon so this older behavior is enabled again. Generally you can use the "all sites" endpoint and each entry either has an "open date" or a "status days" field filled out so you don't have to combine the site list with the changes list.

The best way to manipulate this data without a programming background is loading it into Excel, and then saving it. Then the next time you open the file you can simply click Data > Refresh All to update the file. This guide shows almost exactly what to do: How to Parse Custom JSON Data using Excel - The Excel Club

However finding historical timeframes is definitely more complicated. Because we sometimes first identify sites very near to when they're open, there are dozens of sites marked open the same or next day after we had found it under construction. For instance:
  • Queensbury, NY - 0 days
  • Ensenada, Mexico - 0 days
  • Nürburgring, Germany - 0 days
  • Taipei - Xindian District, Taiwan - 0 days
  • Huittinen, Finland - 0 days
  • Almaty, Kazakhstan - 0 days
  • Warsaw, Poland - 0 days
  • Vero Beach, FL - 0 days
  • Bulle, Switzerland - 0 days
  • Kaaresuvanto, Finland - 0 days
  • Elkhart - Henry Schricker Travel Plaza, IN - 0 days
  • Perugia South, Italy - 0 days
  • Dartford, UK - 1 days
  • Reno, NV - 1 days
  • Vinstra, Norway - 1 days
  • Rosemont, IL - 1 days
  • Egilsstaðir, Iceland - 1 days
  • Chestertown, NY - 1 days
  • Nürburgring Motorsport Hotel, Germany - 1 days
  • Cottondale, AL - 1 days
  • Yunlin - Linnei, Taiwan - 1 days
  • Seoul to Daechi, South Korea - 1 days
  • Suwon to Mangpo, South Korea - 1 days
  • Jarrell, TX - 1 days
  • And more...
Here is the code to order sites like this:
JavaScript:
// First visit https://supercharge.info/service/supercharge/allChanges
let data = JSON.parse(document.body.innerText).reduce((a,c) => {
    a[c.id]=c;
    return a
}, {});
let grouped = Object.keys(data).sort().reduce((a,c) => {
    if (!(data[c].siteId in a)) {
        a[data[c].siteId] = [c];
    } else {
        a[data[c].siteId].push(c);
    }
    return a
}, {});
let results = Object.keys(grouped).reduce((a,c) => {
    let e = grouped[c].filter(e => ['CONSTRUCTION','OPEN'].includes(data[e].siteStatus));
    if(e.length >= 2 && data[e[0]].siteStatus == 'CONSTRUCTION' && data[e[1]].siteStatus == 'OPEN') {
        a[c] = (new Date(data[e[1]].date) - new Date(data[e[0]].date))/86400/1000
    }
    return a
}, {});
let top100 = Object.keys(results).sort((a,b) => results[a] - results[b]).slice(0, 100).map(e => data[grouped[e][0]].siteName + ' - ' + results[e] + ' days');
console.log(top100.join('\r\n'))