Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackman, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla drivers! I see on Tesla's map that a supercharger is planned in West Forks, Maine, and the target opening is 2018. This is an exciting location as it will make the drive to Quebec possible without a 2-hour detour into Vermont! Does anyone know the status of this location and if construction has begun? I have a plan to go to Quebec at the end of October and I'm hopeful that the West Forks supercharger will be on line by then.

Hello fellow Tesla drivers! I see on Tesla's map that a supercharger is planned in West Forks, Maine, and the target opening is 2018. This is an exciting location as it will make the drive to Quebec possible without a 2-hour detour into Vermont! Does anyone know the status of this location and if construction has begun? I have a plan to go to Quebec at the end of October and I'm hopeful that the West Forks supercharger will be on line by then.

Nobody has mentioned it here.

The general consensus is that Tesla has slowed down Supercharger construction to conserve cash, so the build-out in less populous areas has slowed to a crawl.

I suggest you post in the Canada subforum.

Canada

Some of the Quebecois might be able to make good suggestions for the best charging stops. I think there's a CHAdeMO in St Georges that people use when traveling that way.

PS Thanks for all your Teslavangelism.

I made it from home in the midcoast to Les Peres Nature Center where they have a chademo charger (and lunch) in cold weather in my P90D traveling along Rt 2. In fair weather you should be able to do that trip from Brewer SC in an S75.

Rumor alert: West Forks is a Plantation, they do have a town office but they do not manage permits and the office has no knowledge of any Tesla plans. There are only a couple of options on route 201 in that area and the town office heard a rumor that the Hawk's Nest Lodge may be the place (vs Berry's General Store ) but this may just be talk about a (well sighted) destination charger. No word back yet from the HNL owners.

The general consensus is that Tesla has slowed down Supercharger construction to conserve cash, so the build-out in less populous areas has slowed to a crawl.

Canada

Some of the Quebecois might be able to make good suggestions for the best charging stops. I think there's a CHAdeMO in St Georges that people use when traveling that way.

Canada

Thanks for the info! I'm going to see if I can make it to St. Georges from Augusta! I've got two passengers plus luggage...

Rumor alert: West Forks is a Plantation, they do have a town office but they do not manage permits and the office has no knowledge of any Tesla plans. There are only a couple of options on route 201 in that area and the town office heard a rumor that the Hawk's Nest Lodge may be the place (vs Berry's General Store ) but this may just be talk about a (well sighted) destination charger. No word back yet from the HNL owners.
Thanks for the follow up with the Plantation... this one will be a mystery until they break ground, but it will make the trip to Quebec much more feasible. All the best!

Just visited the area. There’s no place in West forks for a supercharger station, mostly because of the terrain and only two roadside businesses. Maybe two spots at best.
Many parking lots and flat areas in Bingham, about half way to Skowhegan.

Just visited the area. There’s no place in West forks for a supercharger station, mostly because of the terrain and only two roadside businesses. Maybe two spots at best.
Many parking lots and flat areas in Bingham, about half way to Skowhegan.

That'll be Tesla putting a pin on a vague area, as they did with Baring, which was actually Baileyville.

The chain, with other current and indicated locations is:
Freeport, ME
40.7 miles
Augusta, ME
38.3 miles
Skowhegan, ME (future) (guessed Hannaford)
117.7 miles
Saint-Georges, QC (future) (guessed Carrefour)
101.4 miles
Levis, QC

Not surprising Tesla wants something between Skowhegan, ME and Saint-Georges, QC.
West Forks/The Forks are is somewhere around the midpoint so would be ideal for position.

But realistically, I think you're right and it'd have to be Bingham (about 22 miles north of Skowhegan) or Jackman (72 miles).

Last edited:
Looks like it might be happening in Jackman! The Jackman Selectman's Meeting Agenda for November 8, 2018 included an item of Unfinished Business that read:
"Tesla Supercharger Station – Trevor Smith from Tesla sent Specs. and Questionnaire to be completed by TM" (and assuming TM is Town Manager). Has anyone heard any more about Superchargers coming to Jackman? This would be perfect for a trip to Quebec!

88332A1A-6200-4717-BF09-E956058164DE.jpeg
Here's one out of the blue. Posted by scottcowger1 on the supercharge.info forum - a 4 stall site in Jackman, Maine. Couldn't find any evidence, didn't think it was likely until I searched Facebook and found someone had posted a photo yesterday!

Eric Boucher

Now added to supercharge.info. Marked as construction since I'm not 100% sure it is open yet.

Word I got from the Jackman Moose River Chamber of Commerce regarding Superchargers was that the "Trailside convenience store located on the left just over the tracks heading north has installed 4 of them." Great news!! (Although I think they meant to say on the right just over the tracks.) I passed that on to Supercharge.info and they found a pic! Thanks, Gwgan and Lgrenier02 for posting the info!