Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackman, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oops.. didn't see that one.. sorry @ScotMaine!!

Threads could be renamed and merged. Scott was the one who started the West Forks thread based on the Tesla findus gray pin. As we thought, West Forks/The Forks, ME is really too small, and was put there by Tesla because it's the mid-point between Saint-Georges and Skowhegan, ME, which are 117 miles apart. Jackman, ME was the obvious place.

Jackman, ME

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-201
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

To: Canada near Jackman, ME - 15.8 miles
Diversion: 0 miles

To: Levis, QC (US-201/QC-173, QC-73, QC-20) - 101.2 miles

To: Saints-Georges, QC (Carrefour) (Tesla gray pin) (US-201, QC-173) - 46.4 miles

To: Medway, ME (Construction) (ME-6, I-95) - 143.5 miles
To: Brewer, ME (US-201, l, ME-43, US-2, I-95, I-395, us-1a) - 122.7 miles
To: Bethel, ME (US-201, US-201A, ME-234, ME-27, US-2) - 139.8 miles
To: Magog, QC (US-201/QC-173, QC-269, QC-204, l, QC-161, QC-214, QC-112, QC-610, QC-10, qc-112) - 144.8 miles
To: Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, QC (US-201/QC-173, QC-269, l, QC-267, l, QC-165, QC-20) - 141.8 miles

Important for the connection from Quebec City, QC to Old Orchard Beach, ME.

This replaces the West Forks, ME gray pin on Tesla findus map.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan
Considering that the beach season will be over by the time this site comes on online, I'm surprised priority was given here for pedestals over the numerous other locations under construction in Maine and the Atlantic provinces.

I'm guessing that it only being 4 stalls helped. They may have intended to power it up sooner.

Leaf-peeper season is also nearly upon us, so we're not totally done.

Reactions: TaylorSMarks
Threads could be renamed and merged. Scott was the one who started the West Forks thread based on the Tesla findus gray pin. As we thought, West Forks/The Forks, ME is really too small, and was put there by Tesla because it's the mid-point between Saint-Georges and Skowhegan, ME, which are 117 miles apart. Jackman, ME was the obvious place.
I drove this route back in April of 2018 and don't even remember West Forks/The Forks. I do remember Jackman though. It was basically the only (somewhat) significant town between I-95 and the Canadian border.

I drove this route back in April of 2018 and don't even remember West Forks/The Forks. I do remember Jackman though. It was basically the only (somewhat) significant town between I-95 and the Canadian border.

West Forks/The Forks is an outdoor recreation area.

Skowhegan, ME is on US-201, is the Somerset county seat, had a population of 8,589 in 2010, and will have a Supercharger at its Hannaford. Some would suggest that's you're suppressing the memory.

North of Skowhegan on US-201 there's the small towns of Bingham and Moscow, which are close together. I'd say that Bingham is the last place with much stuff. Although the population is under 1,000 it has an obvious business area along US-201 with a number of businesses including a couple of banks, a convenience store, a cafe and the inevitable pizza/sub place. We've driven US-201 and eaten at the cafe in Bingham.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Oops.. didn't see that one.. sorry @ScotMaine!!
Hi Chuq. Thanks for all the great work you do. Do you think the posts under "Supercharger - West Forks Maine" can be merged with this post? The title of "Supercharger - Jackman, Maine" ought to be the title that survives. Just an idea, since it's all talk about the same location! I wasn't sure if you're the one who handles this site, but I thought I'd give it a try!

Hi Chuq. Thanks for all the great work you do. Do you think the posts under "Supercharger - West Forks Maine" can be merged with this post? The title of "Supercharger - Jackman, Maine" ought to be the title that survives. Just an idea, since it's all talk about the same location! I wasn't sure if you're the one who handles this site, but I thought I'd give it a try!
He’s not, but I know who does: @Doug_G . It might take a little while

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
Considering that the beach season will be over by the time this site comes on online, I'm surprised priority was given here for pedestals over the numerous other locations under construction in Maine and the Atlantic provinces.
Also, Quebec City is a great winter destination as well. so this will help many folks make that trip from Maine to QC in the winter. My X100D made it from QC to Brewer in summer, but it was close, no way in the winter!

Just wanted to point out that this is a great location for people (like me:D) traveling sometimes between the Eastern Townships (Sherbrooke, Magog) and Nova Scotia or the South of New Brunswick. We went through that route a couple of times. It cuts about 200 km and 1h driving compared to going around Maine through Rivière du Loup. And it's less boring, I find.

Without this charger, the stretch between Bangor and Magog is 340 km or 210 miles, a bit tight for our old MS85 with 385 km of range, and it means that we needed to leave Bangor fully charged, hence 60-75 min supercharging. (We are already leaving Magog area fully charged, so we need to fully supercharge only on our way back.) Now we'll be able to leave Bangor at ~70% and charge again in Jackman.

Actually, there would probably be a direct motorway between Sherbrooke and the South of New Brunswick it it was not for the problem of having to go through another country :). But the railway (famous for this accident killing 50 people in Lac Mégatic a few years back) actually links Montreal to the South of New Brunswick through Maine since the end of the 1800s, at times where people were not freaking out so much about the border between Canada and the US.

• Informative
Reactions: EdA
Would it be possible to post them? because I have a feeling there be more than 4 stalls.

I will get around to posting them later, but the only other stalls are for Chargepoint. Besides there being only four Tesla pedestals, the Tesla infrastructure is also set up for four stalls. For example, exactly two white "refrigerators ".

There are also cabinets and a meter labeled Tesla or Tesla gear and similar equipment labeled Chargepoint.

A new electric pole was installed at the back of the parking lot to bring overhead power lines to the equipment.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
To satisfy my own curiosity I checked it out this weekend (was just over in Greenville). Can confirm, 4 stalls, pedestals are there but not hooked up yet. Looks like they should be up and running soon though by the wiring.
IMG_20191013_134655693.jpg

To satisfy my own curiosity I checked it out this weekend (was just over in Greenville). Can confirm, 4 stalls, pedestals are there but not hooked up yet. Looks like they should be up and running soon though by the wiring.

It pretty much looked the same two weeks before your visit. Considering the pedestals have been there for over a month and the utility company was working there over three weeks ago, I am a bit surprised the site is not live yet.

TeslaJackman.jpg
newUtilityPole.jpg
ChargepointUnitsMissing.jpg
frigos.jpg
moreBackEnd.jpg
TeslaGear.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab and MarcoRP