Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kinda suspect that at some smaller towns, there is no capacity to put all their information on the internet. Lack of money and personnel.
You probably have to crank the phone and tell the town operator which 2 digit number you seek.

(Planning - finally - my trip this summer to hit the last state I have not visited. Wanting to see Glacier National Park, meaning Kalispell would be a couple days stay over. So hoping SC is there to meet me and make things a little less stressful) Otherwise probably won't go further than Yellowstone touching a small bit of Montana.

I have found that the search function of that database is basically worthless for finding superchargers unless you already know where they are going. And even then, it's not that great. E.g. You can see pictures of the construction already started on the Helena superchargers in the Helena thread, but still no permit can be found for it. So, I wouldn't rely on the search results from that database necessarily being an accurate reflection of reality.

I have found that the search function of that database is basically worthless for finding superchargers unless you already know where they are going. And even then, it's not that great. E.g. You can see pictures of the construction already started on the Helena superchargers in the Helena thread, but still no permit can be found for it. So, I wouldn't rely on the search results from that database necessarily being an accurate reflection of reality.
Noticed the same thing when trying to search through it last night.

Are there specific search params that you are entering to try and find results?

I don't "own" the database. It is just a possible indicator that electrical work may be occurring soon if Tesla draws a permit. If you have a better piece of data to work with, let me know.

Reactions: Rocky_H and KJD
I don't "own" the database. It is just a possible indicator that electrical work may be occurring soon if Tesla draws a permit. If you have a better piece of data to work with, let me know.
I understand. It's just that your original statement on the matter was definitive, "No electrical permits have been pulled by Tesla, Inc for Kalispell, or for that matter anywhere else in Montana as of today." But, due to the deficiencies in the search function of Montana's permit portal, you can't possibly know whether that is actually true or not. It can tell you that something is there if you find a relevant permit, but it can't tell you that something isn't there just because your search came up empty. For example, there are currently 4 "active" supercharger construction sites that we know of in Montana (Glendive, Miles City, Helena, & Great Falls). Using the same search strategy that you used for Kalispell, how many of the permits for those known sites can you find and independently identify as being for a supercharger without using the already known addresses and picture confirmation from the sites?

This is mostly beside the point though, as I agree that it's very unlikely that Tesla has moved forward yet on a Kalispell supercharger. See this comment in the Great Falls thread from Rownolds in October 2019 whose source turned out to be right on the money:
Kalispell SC is on hold for now (long story). However, 'construction has started in Great Falls, Helena, and Miles City' is from a supremely reliable source.

No new information on an actual building permit (I searched MT's sucky database again but didn't find anything), but I did find the planning approval and explicit confirmation of the location being at the Super1 Foods on 1st Ave. in some documents:

Address: 55N 1st Ave E N, Kalispell, MT 59901

GPS: 48.201410, -114.312037

@Chuq @MarcoRP
Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation and will add on Supercharge Info!

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Finally a confirmation that at least we are in "permit stage" for Kalispell. I have friends there that I try to visit on side trips from my regular "road tripping" routes and the 3 YEARS of waiting between when that location was first on the Tesla "PLAN" routing to now has been painful. Sadly my scheduled April big road trip across the Canadian Rockies which MIGHT have included a side jaunt to Kalispell has been delayed for some....strange reason, so maybe next year the Kalispell location will be up and functional.