Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are stuck in Kalispell. It sucks the supercharger isn't available as coming from Glacier national park it is essential.

And now we are dealing with level 2 chargers that don't work.

63 miles of range left and 127 needed to reach St. Regis supercharger
That certainly sucks. Can we assume you are looking around in PlugShare?!?

Can we assume that you have your mobile charging cable with you along with the 14-50 "RV" adapter? ie. campground as last options.

GfgcOBk.jpg

That certainly sucks. Can we assume you are looking around in PlugShare?!?

Can we assume that you have your mobile charging cable with you along with the 14-50 "RV" adapter? ie. campground as last options.

GfgcOBk.jpg
All we have is a 14-50 and J1772.

The Tesla destination charger at The Red Lion is allowing us to charge. It is powered at 208v\48A, so should only be a 3 hour wait.

All we have is a 14-50 and J1772.

The Tesla destination charger at The Red Lion is allowing us to charge. It is powered at 208v\48A, so should only be a 3 hour wait.
Not everyone brings their mobile with the 14-50 adapter with them traveling and consider campgrounds as a last "resort". Of course, that may be more true for people outside of rural America where there are so so many Tesla Superchargers.

Well, it sounds like you are in about the best position you can be then. Hopefully, you are giving them a little something as it is a lifesaver for many in your position and certainly want them to keep being generous.

Reactions: KJD
We are stuck in Kalispell. It sucks the supercharger isn't available as coming from Glacier national park it is essential.

And now we are dealing with level 2 chargers that don't work.

63 miles of range left and 127 needed to reach St. Regis supercharger
Can you find an RV park to use your mobile connector? Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Edit: never mind looks like you got it sorted out. Safe travels.

Not everyone brings their mobile with the 14-50 adapter with them traveling and consider campgrounds as a last "resort". Of course, that may be more true for people outside of rural America where there are so so many Tesla Superchargers.

Well, it sounds like you are in about the best position you can be then. Hopefully, you are giving them a little something as it is a lifesaver for many in your position and certainly want them to keep being generous.

This is a good example of why people should bring their mobile connectors and useful adapters with them, especially when traveling off of the beaten path (no superchargers).

I personally travel with a mobile connector with all of the adapters, plus a CHAdeMO adapter. It's overkill, but I'd rather be prepared than be stuck somewhere.

This is a good example of why people should bring their mobile connectors and useful adapters with them, especially when traveling off of the beaten path (no superchargers).

I personally travel with a mobile connector with all of the adapters, plus a CHAdeMO adapter. It's overkill, but I'd rather be prepared than be stuck somewhere.
I also bring a 15ft extension cord for the 5-20/5-15 adapter. Homemade 12 gauge. It’s helped in a pinch before.

Yup, I never Road-trip without them. If you plan to go places without easily accessible EV infrastructure, its a necessity. Although, I’ve never needed it, I would be very uncomfortable going to an off brand Dealership to use there charging source. It would have to be in an emergency only. I plan ahead so I don’t have those emergency situations.

We did Glacier in July. We have a CCS adapter so we charged at the ChargePoint in Whitefish. Not sure I’d venture into a Supercharger deadzone without a CCS adapter.
I just did it without a CCS adapter. Supercharged in Missoula. Luckily my Airbnb had a 120V plug and we carpooled into the park one day to let the car trickle charge pretty full. Drove through the park and out to Great Falls to SC. Also did top off a little at the Lake McDonald Hotel. Not ideal but made it work.

We did Glacier in July. We have a CCS adapter so we charged at the ChargePoint in Whitefish. Not sure I’d venture into a Supercharger deadzone without a CCS adapter.
I've been to Whitefish twice without CCS. The first time I had to battle for the L2 spots in the city garage. The 2nd time was after the L3 chargers at the Town Pump had opened so I used my Chademo adapter. Both times, the places I stayed had L1 charging (presumably intended for sprinter vans and the like) which was also quite helpful.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
No dig ticket yet. I wonder what the hold-up is.

I really think there are local powers that are actively preventing the construction of a Supercharger. Alternatively, someone may have convinced the contractor to not perform. Of course, we don't know, I'm just saying what I think is the most likely explanation, given what little we do know, which is primarily the length of time Tesla has been trying to make this happen. I also recall some local government meeting minutes in which at least one of the elected officials took issue with the exact placement, without specifying why he thought the location was less than ideal. That's not how it's supposed to work. If an elected official doesn't like the location, they are supposed to say what, specifically, they think is not ideal.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
No dig ticket yet. I wonder what the hold-up is.

I really think there are local powers that are actively preventing the construction of a Supercharger. Alternatively, someone may have convinced the contractor to not perform. Of course, we don't know, I'm just saying what I think is the most likely explanation, given what little we do know, which is primarily the length of time Tesla has been trying to make this happen. I also recall some local government meeting minutes in which at least one of the elected officials took issue with the exact placement, without specifying why he thought the location was less than ideal. That's not how it's supposed to work. If an elected official doesn't like the location, they are supposed to say what, specifically, they think is not ideal.
A permit was already issued for Blackstone to build this site. Not sure how they could be pressured to not perform. Or who could have opposition after a permit has been issued.

A permit was already issued for Blackstone to build this site. Not sure how they could be pressured to not perform. Or who could have opposition after a permit has been issued.

Well, money talks. We will just have to wait and see, but if it doesn't go in soon, it will likely wait until spring. Tesla is more disruptive than many realize, and they always have opposition. I hope it finally gets done but my confidence level is low due to past false starts.

Reactions: PLUS EV
We did the drive as a day trip from BC 🇨🇦 down to Whitefish, Glacier, Going to the Sun then back to Canada through Waterton. It was a 530 km trip and the only Supercharger along the route was in Fernie, BC. CCS was a must for us to be able to do it as a day trip. Looking forward to staying longer next time and exploring the area more. View attachment 973966
We also did a similar road trip now that I have a car compatible with the CCS adapter. We started in Bigfork, drove to Waterton and charged at the FLO CCS charger while we had lunch, went over Crowsnest to Fernie SC, drove down through Eureka, Whitefish and back home. CCS is great for now in NWMT.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger