Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times I was at Kettleman when my car did not have the current update, so the code displayed in Nav was not the most recent and didn't work. Fortunately Tesla owners are a helpful bunch, so when they see another owner frowning and punching in the numbers (even remembering the symbol at the end) and trying the door and not getting anywhere, they assume you must be a "first timer" and helpfully explain the system while letting you inside. I mean, that's what I've heard, anyway.

Tesla, if you're reading, it would be fantastic if you could enable prox-card/tap access to lounges with Model 3/Y and new S/X key cards. :cool:

should've told the people who work there
Nope. But I should have. At the same time, my mind set is, they have five people staffed walking around and they should be more observant. They should’ve setup a cleaning schedule check list and post it when was the last cleaning check occurred.

On a different note, the kid play things are more for decorations than practical. Lol a bit high. 😂

this location will always be packed, old and family folks just love lounge around especially my wife and kids.
And can help with the local economy. Food and beverage and retail shopping are the most obvious ways to commercially spend time while the car recharges. I wonder what else would pop-up as a lucrative business/consumer offering. I'm wondering if a mobile masseuse would be appreciated at the Tesla lounge. You could book you appointment 30min-2hrs in advance using the trip computer as a guide for arrival time and get a neck/shoulder/back massage in the lounge much like you would at a mall. I guess there's the issue of back sweat and body odor so maybe that's not the best idea but I'm sure there are other things that people would like to do other than eating, napping, watching movies, or playing games in the car.

And can help with the local economy. Food and beverage and retail shopping are the most obvious ways to commercially spend time while the car recharges. I wonder what else would pop-up as a lucrative business/consumer offering. I'm wondering if a mobile masseuse would be appreciated at the Tesla lounge. You could book you appointment 30min-2hrs in advance using the trip computer as a guide for arrival time and get a neck/shoulder/back massage in the lounge much like you would at a mall. I guess there's the issue of back sweat and body odor so maybe that's not the best idea but I'm sure there are other things that people would like to do other than eating, napping, watching movies, or playing games in the car.
they already helping the economy by hiring cleaners and handle the expressos lol

this location will always be packed, old and family folks just love lounge around especially my wife and kids.

We recycle this kind of perspective from time to time; in the context of giving travel advice its worth encouraging folks to not over-index their personal perspectives.

For folks looking for travel advice, “always” is hyperbole. This location--like most on the 5 between the bay and LA--gets crowded during peak travel hours. It is not and will (generally) not be crowded during off-peak hours.

Tesla, if you're reading, it would be fantastic if you could enable prox-card/tap access to lounges with Model 3/Y and new S/X key cards. :cool:
It would probably just be easiest to build it into the Tesla phone app and use NFC or some other broadcast from the device to the door lock. Everyone with a Tesla pretty much has the Tesla app and a phone at this point.

Hey everyone! I didn't get a chance to check on my last trip up and down the I-5 corridor, but do they still sell the Kettleman City supercharger T-Shirt? I managed to pick one up back in 2018 when they first opened it up. Also, here are a couple of photos from my visit back in 2018, pre 250Kw upgrades I never shared.

2018-07-24 20.22.13-1.jpg

2018-07-24 20.22.23.jpg

Hey everyone! I didn't get a chance to check on my last trip up and down the I-5 corridor, but do they still sell the Kettleman City supercharger T-Shirt? I managed to pick one up back in 2018 when they first opened it up. Also, here are a couple of photos from my visit back in 2018, pre 250Kw upgrades I never shared.

View attachment 896862
View attachment 896863
No on the shirt. I was trying to find one for almost a year and for many months they only had women's sizes but last I checked over 6 months ago, they were all sold out of that shirt. They told me it was a promotional item from when kettleman first opened and they would not be restocking.