Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by today and was turned away from charging due contruction crew still working on the site. They were installing metal railings around the walkways and bollards around the electrical cabinets. Most of the landscape is complete with astroturf in the front and the crew moving landscape rocks around the cacti. No parking lines or end stops for each charging spot. The lounge looks almost done from what I could see from the sidewalk; they have seating, drink amenities and a mini gallery for Solar/Powerwall (with one on display). The parking spots between 2B and 3A now have HPWCs. I talked with some of the crew working on the site and they mention that it should be all wrapped up before the holiday.

Here is a nice album of pics that I took while I was there:
Tesla Supercharger Kettleman Cit

So one has to wonder when the invites will be sent out for the grand opening of this next-gen facility?

That was interesting. Could the roof have solar panels they were cleaning? Looks kind of like a long mop/broom being extended LOL.
Looking closer at the pic, it looks just like they are cleaning off one of the solar canopy’s. It just lines up so it looks like the roof of the lounge. Also tons of water splashing below gives it away. Probably lots of dust built up from construction.

Reactions: PLUS EV
I wonder if they're waiting to open both this one and Baker in conjunction with the Semi reveal party on Thursday?

So, maybe the surprise previously mentioned will be a non-surprise for all of us here who're following Supercharger build-outs obsessively. (My knowledge of US places and Interstate network is largely down to Tesla.)

So, maybe the surprise previously mentioned will be a non-surprise for all of us here who're following Supercharger build-outs obsessively. (My knowledge of US places and Interstate network is largely down to Tesla.)
You may be right. Could be why Kettleman City was never, and still is not, on the Supercharger map. I suppose this would be a secret to everyone other than viewers of this thread. Great "reveal" during the event as a showcase location that is perhaps to be duplicated across the country rapidly.

It's possible Baker (same size of 40 stalls) can be turned on at the same time as well. Worker's there are reporting that they are to be done by Wednesday.

I agree that pulling the wraps off of 2 Tesla Supercharger oases or villages as I kind of think of them would make a lot of sense from a publicity standpoint during the Semi event. Heck I'm pretty impressed with their size and how quickly they've been built out. I'm thinking we'll also see footage of the solar/battery work in Puerto Rico and Australia and updates on the other Tesla projects and factories that are ongoing. Hopefully we'll get an update on the Model 3 as well and it's good news on ramping up. While the Model 3 is made the focus of a lot of investor stories, Tesla has grown beyond it's cars. A barrage of "good news" should make for interesting coverage of the Semi event.

Reactions: callmesam