TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Kingston ON

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by hingisfan, Dec 9, 2019.

1. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Is there still something wrong at the Kingston site?
    I'm local and drive by often, and usually hit the button on the map in my car to see how many people are charging (out of curiosity). It seems to always say only 1 or 2 stalls are available, but it's at times where I know that's probably not the case, and once I even popped in and sure enough there was only 1 car there.

2. WesB

WesB Member

I've had this happen often at a supercharger near me in Montreal. It often says there are 6+ people charging but I get there and there are 1 or 2. I know that there's a delay for that information, but there might be something else causing the issue. Either way the chargers always work fine.

3. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Supercharge Info Editor

Is this thread about the existing location, or the upcoming expansion (wait! What expansion?)

• Funny x 1
  4. WesB

WesB Member

Upcoming expansion?? Where did you hear about this

5. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

The expansion which is sorely needed and long overdue and no where in sight

6. WesB

WesB Member

Agreed.. this is definitely one of the most used superchargers in Canada since it's the best location on the highly trafficked MTL-TOR route.

• Like x 1
  7. tombar

tombar Member

What’s needed is the Brockville SC site with 20 stalls and been in “Permit” status for 550 days !

• Like x 5
  8. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

This, and it needs to be V3!!

• Like x 3
  9. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Supercharge Info Editor

Spring 2020

• Funny x 1
  10. Winnie168

Winnie168 Member

I was there 2 weeks ago, at least one of the stalls didn’t work. That’s why you see occupied stalls all the time. Plug it in and I get a red light. Malfunctioning stall I encountered was the one on the northeast corner. Three of us were charging that day. Functioning ports were the southeast stall, northwest stall, and south centre stall.

11. wayner

wayner Active Member

The usage reporting for this site is still seriously screwed up. T says 1 of 6 available when there are 3 available. All morning it has been saying only 1 or 2 slots available when I doubt that there are more than 3 in use at any time.

• Like x 1
  12. ccudmore

ccudmore Member

A6C84B71-5EF7-4DFB-9002-8967BAD4A007.png
    So this is new. Reminds me of asking Siri “a What’s zero divided by zero”

13. Mikeydeek

Mikeydeek Member

Looks like Kingston SC is pretty much out of service at the moment.

14. richyrich

richyrich TM3 LR RWD

Has anyone been by to see what’s going on? I was in Kingston for a couple of days during the week and planned to use it, luckily the Delta has a destination charger (which is awesome!).

15. cohix

cohix Member

supercharge.info shows it as temporarily closed... fingers crossed they fix this by upgrading it to v3 and adding some more stalls! But I won’t hold my breath.

16. wayner

wayner Active Member

Has anyone been there to verify? The Tesla stall usage reporting has been incorrect for months so maybe the offline status is also wrong.

17. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

I haven't been there lately but the car says "reduced service" and the app says 3/6 available. A few days ago, the app said 0/0 available.

18. wayner

wayner Active Member

3/6 is actually good. For a while around Christmas it usually showed 1 of 6 or 2 of 6.

19. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Said 6/6 available yesterday in my car..... But, I'm not sure how reliable my car is, as it showed the TCH ones open 2 or 3 weeks before they were actually operational.

20. guillaumef

guillaumef Member

yikes, that leaves 250km between belleville and cornwall. For 60 models, that doesn't leave much room for winter travel.
    We really could use brockville supercharger...