TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Kuttawa, Kentucky

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Handlebar's14S, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Handlebar's14S

If anyone is traveling I - 24 over the Holidays, please check the status of the new station behind the Hampton Hotel at Highway 62, ( Exit 40). JoeMap posted pictures on the Paducah thread recently, and the construction symbol on the Supercharge.info site indicates there will be 8 stalls. I talked with the desk clerk at Hampton this week and she is aware of the construction, but has no information about the completion date. Any info and pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks, Handlebar's 14 S

2. JoeMap

JoeMap Member

By request, attached are the pictures I took two weeks ago.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  3. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Someone posted a new picture on the Paducah thread - they have made tremendous progress but the post didn't mention the presence or absence of a transformer.

4. Handlebar's14S

I just called the Hampton Inn in Kuttawa to check on the status of supercharger. She said it is complete and in the final testing stage, and scheduled to be operational 1/1/2017. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Like x 1
  5. Chuq

Chuq Member

Just a comment - mods may be reluctant to merge threads on the chance that there will also be a Paducah site in future.

No other Kentucky locations are on Tesla's 2017 list. There is an existing site in Jackson TN, and planned sites in Marion IL and Hurricane Mills TN. So it seems Paducah is not on the cards (unless things change) and this thread can be safely merged with Kuttawa.

6. Chuq

Chuq Member

7. Chuq

Chuq Member

• Like x 1
  8. Chuq

Chuq Member

Note - this went live on the Tesla website the same time as Moosic PA. Local Pennsylvanians have found the site live on their in car nav as well - but upon visiting the site it is still under construction. Be cautious of visiting the Kuttawa site in case Tesla have made a bulk error in publishing these sites early.

9. IdaX

IdaX Member

My parents successfully charged here this afternoon. It seems kuttawa is confirmed open for business.

• Informative x 3