Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - La Jolla CA (Location not found, permit not found)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the SD county permitting portal to give what I would consider reliable results, so I can't yet find a permit for something that could be superchargers there. However, I did come across something for work to install a new irrigation system that runs on recycled grey water, which could also fit what's shown in the pictures. But it's not clear exactly where on the mall property that work is supposed to take place, so I wouldn't yet count it as dispositive for this being charging stations either. Hopefully someone will keep an eye on it and post pics when whatever is going in the trench shows up.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
This was seen at Westfield UTC by @N13MS (other thread, post 3)

96601FCE-53B2-43E9-B3DE-5FC49EBE0478.jpeg

Reactions: jowaldo and McManX
Stopped by today - pics attached
This definitely looks like an electrical project- the area has been excavated and a deep trench 5-10 feet deep has been dug all the way through. I looked all over for any other items (cabinets, stands, etc) - none are currently present. I’m going to bet that this is a future Tesla Urban Supercharger site. Probably 18-24 plugs. The Tesla showroom is on this end of the mall and an Equinox is coming soon right at this corner (a la Carlsbad). ((Note to self- may be time to get an Amex black card))
Keep this place under surveillance folks! I think the crew from Chula Vista comes here after that one is complete
0AABCF10-B374-49A9-8670-79982577A181.jpeg
AEF1059D-4371-4935-8397-FDAF01AACEA6.jpeg
2CE41A3F-EA0C-4C6D-A6F3-0C2D59ED8AC5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz3D and MarcoRP
It could be. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the SD county permitting portal to give what I would consider reliable results, so I can't yet find a permit for something that could be superchargers there. However, I did come across something for work to install a new irrigation system that runs on recycled grey water, which could also fit what's shown in the pictures. But it's not clear exactly where on the mall property that work is supposed to take place, so I wouldn't yet count it as dispositive for this being charging stations either. Hopefully someone will keep an eye on it and post pics when whatever is going in the trench shows up.

This is in the City of San Diego. Shouldn't the permits be with them instead of the county?

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
This is in the City of San Diego. Shouldn't the permits be with them instead of the county?
Yes. Guess my brain was in neutral that day. Though, to be fair to myself, I did actually find some hits on that address in the County portal. If I hadn't found anything there I probably would have thought to check whether it was in the city's jurisdiction or not. I'm not really sure how to effective search the city's DSD permit database yet. You can search by address and get 50+ pages of results, but can't filter or search within the results. And I'm not about to go through them all one-by-one. So, if anyone has a thought on that, they can do the search and report back or drop me a PM with the How-To.

Yes. Guess my brain was in neutral that day. Though, to be fair to myself, I did actually find some hits on that address in the County portal. If I hadn't found anything there I probably would have thought to check whether it was in the city's jurisdiction or not. I'm not really sure how to effective search the city's DSD permit database yet. You can search by address and get 50+ pages of results, but can't filter or search within the results. And I'm not about to go through them all one-by-one. So, if anyone has a thought on that, they can do the search and report back or drop me a PM with the How-To.

Its probably buried in this project.

AE2E4DAC-EB1D-4549-88FE-50156C094DD1.png

Just stopped by for an update. It’s not a good sign when they fill up the trench and plant vegetation. It’s almost like they changed their minds. I wonder what’s going on here... hopefully they are moving the Superchargers to the other side of the mall to the garage.
I doubt it was ever going exactly here. I suspect the digging was to install a rain-water runoff catch basin under the landscaping shown.

The superchargers have been found! They are actually up and running under Flemings.