Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Charles, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! No grand opening, though? I was hoping to have a group head out there for the official ribbon cutting.

If we are going to have a grand opening/ribbon-cutting (of sorts), I would prefer it to be at the "Golden Spike" (...maybe Golden Spike II?) Supercharger that actually CONNECTs the Texas/Louisiana Island with the rest of the Supercharger Network.
Be it either North or East (or West?), it is long overdue.

Awesome! No grand opening, though? I was hoping to have a group head out there for the official ribbon cutting.

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't shown up on the official Tesla Supercharger Map yet. I guess Tesla hasn't completed their official testing of the site yet (or testing revealed they need/want to make some adjustments to the site).

Either way there have been successful charges "in the wild" at the site and I intend on personally checking it out later this week. Will take a picture or two of the car charging...

Mike

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't shown up on the official Tesla Supercharger Map yet. I guess Tesla hasn't completed their official testing of the site yet (or testing revealed they need/want to make some adjustments to the site).

Either way there have been successful charges "in the wild" at the site and I intend on personally checking it out later this week. Will take a picture or two of the car charging...

Mike

Their timing with updating the map and navigation systems is pretty poor and always out of sync. I also highly doubt that this location will have a ribbon cutting ceremony. However, enjoy the new location!

Lake Charles is official

Lake Charles is now showing up on the Tesla Find Us page - it's official!

http://www.teslamotors.com/findus#/...390000003,d?search=store,service,supercharger

Screenshot 2014-12-23 19.27.07.png

Looks like they hadn't assigned the numbers yet. I assume the same team does that after testing each stall...

And ever after, the ChargePoints of Lake Charles saw nary a Tesla. Thanks for the memories, my little 30 Amp buddies.

Last edited:
WTH? You mean you didn't like hanging out at the McDonalds for 6 hours? :)

They won't even bring your burgers out to the car! Hmm, wonder if Sonic will allow that...

Looking forward to telling grandchildren about the days of Jay Seventeen Seventy-Two... "No that wasn't the year, that was a wimpy old-fashioned car plug" ...and SuperChargers that had to have their wires buried underground instead of just painting superconductors onto parking spaces in an hour!

Lake Charles site on Christmas Day:

IMG_0059.JPG

The transformer:

IMG_0058.jpg

Pedestals 1A & 1B were not functioning (no power to those two) with 1B having the cord still wrapped to the pedestal. I got 116+ kW charging rate until the taper started. The cabinets are marked at 135 kW chargers.

Mike

Who's charged here in the last few days? I'm curious if all of the charging stations are now operational. When I was there a few weeks ago, 1A & 1B did not have power and I noticed a Plugshare user reported them still out about 12 days ago.

I want to report it to Tesla if they are still out...

Mike

I was at Lake Charles Supercharger on Monday and I can confirm that all 6 charging stalls are now operational.

On a side note, this location is sort of "front and center" of a relatively busy shopping center. It is kind of funny while sitting in your car and watching the folks who wonder "what the hell are those Tesla things" crane their necks as they slowly drive by and see an actual Tesla vehicle charging. It is an almost continuous stream and you kind of feel like a fish in a bowl... :)