Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Charles, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who wants to post an update during the next few days?

I know of a local Model S owner who visits the site, but does not seem to post in this forum.
I won't have time for a round trip until (maybe) Friday two weeks from now. The return trip requires Level 2 charging (but once this SC is online, you could call me "local!":))...
Rick

Work on the Baton Rouge supercharger has begun! I stopped by this morning and a truck from an electrical engineering firm was there along with a storage pod. I introduced myself and they were indeed there to begin work on the supercharger! He said they plan to have it operational by the end of the year -- seems like a long shot since today is 12/15 but I'll keep you posted on progress and post photos when I have a chance.

Last edited:
Stopped by the Lake Charles site this morning. The site was mostly cleaned and "buttoned up" except for the transformer and third SC cabinet which are not yet on site. Here are the shots:

View attachment 64670View attachment 64671View attachment 64672View attachment 64673View attachment 64674View attachment 64675View attachment 64676View attachment 64677

On the last photo, on the roof we see signs of "SONIC". Is that some kind of a store?

If it is some kind of a store, then maybe somebody could call the store and talk to somebody working at the store during daytime, just to ask if they can have a look outside to see if somebody is busy doing some kind of work on the Supercharger station?

Just to find out if some progress is being made or not?

see if somebody is busy doing some kind of work on the Supercharger station?

Just to find out if some progress is being made or not?
Yes and no. There is a third Supercharger cabinet to be delivered and contractors would look busy wiring the last two stalls to it. But technically the site could go live with four stalls - based on my last visit, what is really needed is utility transformer, THEN a visit from the Tesla Motors team towing a Model S to test and commission it. Will they make a trip just to Lake Charles or wait to commission it with Baton Rouge?